Thread highlighting

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Mike
Site Admin

Thread highlighting

Post by Mike »

Taken from http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ject348851
Nobby`s Girl posted:
GeoffN posted:
Ooops! Apologies; my unread threads weren't highlighted for some reason, I missed that one!

Mine does this quite often, and when i click log out and log back in again they also dont highlight, so now i tend to leave it logged in, even while i am out.
Logout assumes you have read everything you want to read and sets everything to read. Only new stuff since your last visit is highlighted.

Does anyone want this to work in a different way? It can be a little anonying when you just visit for a second and everything is marked as read.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fitzy

Re: Thread highlighting

Post by fitzy »

yes mike if it is some how possible that the site saves what you have read and what you haven't read that would be a huge improvement as it keep's happening to me :D
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

fitzy posted:
yes mike if it is some how possible that the site saves what you have read and what you haven't read that would be a huge improvement as it keep's happening to me :D
Agreed. I don't always have time to read all my unread ones in one visit (students have an irritating habit of interrupting me!).
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

Another question - sorry to interupt the thread!
I used to have automatic logon on the site but for some reason ihave to login for every visit and cant find how to reset it again :conf:
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I have the same issue as Stacy.
stacey c

Post by stacey c »

Banksy posted:
Fantasic!!
Thought it was just me being a thicko!!! :)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im logged on for some time even when not browsing the web... it doesnt affect me in any way to be honest.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Banksy posted:
Go to the "login" link on the left of the page (don't use the quick login box at the top), nad make sure the auto-login tick box is checked. It should work from then on. Don't forget it will only work if you are using the same machine all the time - don't check it on a public or school PC or everyone will automatically be logged in as you!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi

I've changed the behaviour of the site so that unread messages andnews will stay unread even after a logout or a timed out session.

There will be some teething problems I expect. Please let me kknow if you have any problems.

There is a two week timeout - so anything older than two weeks will get automatically marked as read.

Hope this works out for everyone

Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Cheers for that, any chance of a search facility for posts, I write stuff and can never fin a response... because I'm useless!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."