Donations online

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Mike
Site Admin

Donations online

Post by Mike »

Hi

I've enabled the donation system. It uses paypal so should be as secure as buying anything else through that site.

Any donations will be gratefully received. The monthly donation target is set at 50pounds. The servers cost 65 pounds per month and the advertising is bringing in about 30 dollars per month on the new site (it used to almost cover the server costs on the old site - I'm not 100% sure why it has dropped away so much).

Any donations will be gratefully recieved. Bear in mind that paypal take a commision which makes any donations under 1 pound very inefficient.

Any problems will be treated seriously and urgently as this is the first time the site has been dealing with other peoples money! Post them here, PM or email mike@wigan-warriors.com

Cheers
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Re: Donations online

Post by GeoffN »

Mike wrote:Hi

...the advertising is bringing in about 30 dollars per month on the new site (it used to almost cover the server costs on the old site - I'm not 100% sure why it has dropped away so much).
Seems to me the ads are lower down the page, now, so they're not as visible.
GeoffN

Re: Donations online

Post by GeoffN »

Mike wrote: the advertising is bringing in about 30 dollars per month on the new site (it used to almost cover the server costs on the old site - I'm not 100% sure why it has dropped away so much).
Mike, I've noticed that the ads aren't rotating as they used to on the old site, it's been stuck on that single "Nike" ad for ages. That's probably another reason!

Are you still using Google adsense? If so, it's not working properly!