to mods

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
cpwigan

Re: to mods

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The problem is duplicate threads annoy many readers too. Duplication normally happens after a match has been played. If the threads are different, they remain seperate but where they are not, too leave them all would clog the forum and possibly push other important threads downwards. Readers rarely look beyond page 1.
B****x CPW.

You and I always go to Page 3 first!! :D
:wink: Erm well we are cultured :lol:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The problem is duplicate threads annoy many readers too. Duplication normally happens after a match has been played. If the threads are different, they remain seperate but where they are not, too leave them all would clog the forum and possibly push other important threads downwards. Readers rarely look beyond page 1.
B****x CPW.

You and I always go to Page 3 first!! :D
:wink: Erm well we are cultured :lol:
Why? What's on page three of the Beano?? :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

butt monkey wrote: Why? What's on page three of the Beano?? :lol:
Used to be Minnie the Minx!! :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:all this merging seems to be getting out of hand.

The thread (although i didn't read it) seems to be about the leeds game but come on, it shouldn't be thrown in one big thread. It just ruins the point of the initial thread.
I'm not a fan of too much merging as people do think their threads have been deleted. I will put a marker system in place that will mark where a thread has been moved or merged or deleted. The markers will not get bumped up the message board with new posts so hopefully will not clutter things up.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Mike wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:all this merging seems to be getting out of hand.

The thread (although i didn't read it) seems to be about the leeds game but come on, it shouldn't be thrown in one big thread. It just ruins the point of the initial thread.
I'm not a fan of too much merging as people do think their threads have been deleted. I will put a marker system in place that will mark where a thread has been moved or merged or deleted. The markers will not get bumped up the message board with new posts so hopefully will not clutter things up.
Thats great Mike because the board did get clogged up after games with everyone and his dog posting on same subject but with a different heading. This made it harder to follow other threads and usually led to lots of bickering and threads being locked.

Its the same old story though you cant please all the people all of the time :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If I move or merge a thread I always try and send a pm to the poster to let them know I have done this. So far I have had nothing but thank you's. :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi Morph

No - that was a good old fashioned bug that has been around for ages. I've fixed it now!

Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐