Rumours/Facts - where should my post go?

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Mike
Site Admin

Rumours/Facts - where should my post go?

Post by Mike »

Hi everyone

There has been a bit of debate on where certain posts should go depending on how adamantly their posters believe there contents to be "facts".

Let me lay down some guidelines.

1. THE MAIN RULE. We should be very relaxed about where things go in general. IMO its not a big deal in most cases and everyone should chill out and stop the tit-for-tat post moving suggestions. I'd also ask the mods to err on the side of inaction where possible

After this rule, here are some other less important guidelines:

2. If you are talking about a player signing for Wigan and it hasn't happened yet - stick this on the Rumour Mill.
3. If you are talking about player salaries in the context of a discussion about whether to keep them at the club, release them etc. You can put this sort of thing on the Web Warriors page without any problems.
4. Leave the thread where it originally was even if some subsequent posts contain rumours (or "facts"). There is no problem with this unless that whole thread goes off topic, in which case the mods should do their mod-ing.

One more thing. There has also been a bit of topic merging going on recently too. This has also caused a few issues with some member. Lets try to strike a balance between a tidy board and a bit of freedom of expression (which is what this site is all about). Here's some more guidelines.

1. If you want to post about a match, or a player rumour or other issue, try to find the thread that is about that topic and post there.
2. If you have information about a significant new development in an issue is being discussed, or want to highlight a new angle (perhaps of a specific players performance in a match) you can make a new thread without any problems.

To help resolve any issues individaul users may have with this, I will be putting in place a new mechanism (which I've just thought of!) which I will be called linked topics. I'll make it so you can link your topic to the original, or any other relevant topics. I'll setup an option so users choose to see all linked threads grouped together under the original, or to see them separated as is the case now. Hopefully mods will help keep things all nicely connected together.

What do you think?
Mike

PS First person to suggest that this should be on Info and FAQs wins a prize! - TO late, I moved it already :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
trotski_tgwu

Re: Rumours/Facts - where should my post go?

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Great idea Mike as things have been getting a wee bit tense on the board these days & as you say we all want to put our views on in a relaed way without any problems.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

FROM A TO B

Re: Rumours/Facts - where should my post go?

Post by FROM A TO B »

Never had this problem 'til CP got voted in :wink:

(only joking) :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Re: Rumours/Facts - where shou...

Post by cpwigan »

I am Manic Mod :wink:
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i voted for mars bar 4 mod...

so i cant complain...
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Moved to Off-Topic...

:roll:

:wink:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

block thread its going too off topic
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike, I cannot award yellow/red cards. Can you fix?

I want to give A/L one, a yellow :wink:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

i'd happily take a breather
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
East Stand Al

Post by East Stand Al »

I would like the Rugby Football League to print the accounts of each team on their website. It will prove more interesting than just looking at Wigans'. Show us how much each team spends on expenses outside of the salary cap and what those items consist of.
The future's bright, it's cherry & white.