Possible Solution To Merged Threads

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
MrDave

Possible Solution To Merged Threads

Post by MrDave »

Merged threads seems to be a cause of a bit controversy on this site. Unless the threads are exactly the same in which case they should probably be merged would it not be possible to make similar topics sub-threads.

For example after a match have won main "Wigan vs......" thread and then in the same box underneath that have links to topic of a similar nature in a smaller text font size. The sub-threads are still topic just you would be able to see the overall subject of the topic and specific title of the sub-thread.

I don't know how the site is setup behind the scenes so have no idea if this will be easy to implement or not but it might help tidy up the board a bit without the problems caused by merging.
cpwigan

Re: Possible Solution To Merged Threads

Post by cpwigan »

It's only a problem when people over react. We (I) merged one thread. The thread goes together perfectly. Lots more could have been merged. We do not go down the rlfans route here where every thread mentioning X top is merged.

Your suggestion is probably adecent one Dave but it means Mike has to do more and he may have other things to do. People need to be more rational.

For every do not merge we have a merge those threads.

I know A&L's comment re the type of supporters who go to France cause some controversy. The odd thread moved / closed / relocated is no big deal whatsoever IMO.