Spoilers

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
highland convert

Spoilers

Post by highland convert »

Could we please be careful about spoiling? I have just opened Web Warriors to be confronted by the indication of the St H v Salford result. It is not always possible to watch games live for a veriety of reasons. I am not the only one that still has to watch the game. I deliberately kept away from the general section.
PLEASE do not indicate outcomes in the title bar. It does spoil the watching and it is not the first time it has happened,
Cheers,
Jim
GeoffN

Re: Spoilers

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:Could we please be careful about spoiling? I have just opened Web Warriors to be confronted by the indication of the St H v Salford result. It is not always possible to watch games live for a veriety of reasons. I am not the only one that still has to watch the game. I deliberately kept away from the general section.
PLEASE do not indicate outcomes in the title bar. It does spoil the watching and it is not the first time it has happened,
Cheers,
Jim
Good point, Jim. I'll make this an announcement.
Webby1971

Post by Webby1971 »

If you really didnt want to know the result why did you come on here? You cant expect people on a Rugby League discussion forum not to mention Salford beating Saints. You only have yourself to blame. Get real.
shinytee

Post by shinytee »

no he is right maybe we should all ask Jim if he as seen the match before we post on here next time
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I'd managed to avoid the result til I read this thread. Gutted now! :cool:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Webby1971 wrote:If you really didnt want to know the result why did you come on here? You cant expect people on a Rugby League discussion forum not to mention Salford beating Saints. You only have yourself to blame. Get real.
The result doesn't need to be in the thread title, though, that's the point. A thread titled "Salford v Saints" (which I changed it to) is fine: putting the result in the title is spoiling it for those who haven't seen the game yet.
shinytee

Post by shinytee »

yes your right
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Personally I think Webby is right. I never understand why people thinks knowing the result somehow spoils enjoying watching the game afterwards. The enjoyment comes from the quality of the game not the suspense of guessing the outcome.

If I did not want to know the score of a RL match I would not be scouring RL forums given it is highly likely that by doing so I will discover the result. You could quite easily be reading a Wigan thread and the result of another match gets mentioned.

Moderators need to be moving general RL to the general RL forum.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Personally I think Webby is right. I never understand why people thinks knowing the result somehow spoils enjoying watching the game afterwards. The enjoyment comes from the quality of the game not the suspense of guessing the outcome.

If I did not want to know the score of a RL match I would not be scouring RL forums given it is highly likely that by doing so I will discover the result. You could quite easily be reading a Wigan thread and the result of another match gets mentioned.
But the fact remains that some people do prefer not to know the result, in which case is it really necesary to make the thread title, for example, "Huddersfield 30 Wigan 38", rather than simply Huddersfield v Wigan"?
(and yeah, admittedly it probably should have been moved to "general"!) :blush:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Going to watch Hull Sharks game versus Bradford Bulls in 1996 soon, please dont tell me the score.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame