Spoilers

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
pedro

Re: Spoilers

Post by pedro »

highland convert wrote:Pedro, what is your beaf. It is a simple request. It only covers a thread title. It has b all to do with the content. We see a title as Geoff suggests and we know if we have still to watch the match we don't open that thread. Write whatever you like within. Why shut the site?
Why are you taking umbridge about reasonable request that is to the benifit of many?
Jim
Jim if you dont want to know the score of a rugby match, why log onto a rugby forum?...I have no beef just wanting to know why we have to watch what we post on a general forum
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

some people are either too inconsiderate to think about anyone else. It's not an unreasonable request.

pedro

Post by pedro »

common sense says not to got near a rugby forum of you dont want to know about the rugby....not inconsiderate really just plain common sense.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:roll:

Not sure it is so clear cut. I get my boxing torrents from a site that has a 24/48 hour no spoiler rule. What do we do here on a site that is not a download site? Await for Jim to say he has watched the game a week later etc

There is a case for title good will but what about a thread about a Wigan match that says something great win for us and even better with Saints getting beat. Where do you start and stop?
pedro

Post by pedro »

cpwigan wrote: :roll:

Not sure it is so clear cut. I get my boxing torrents from a site that has a 24/48 hour no spoiler rule. What do we do here on a site that is not a download site? Await for Jim to say he has watched the game a week later etc

There is a case for title good will but what about a thread about a Wigan match that says something great win for us and even better with Saints getting beat. Where do you start and stop?
excatly

every match.......saint v salford SPOILER
wigan v Hudds SPOILER

an so on....come on get real. I cannot understand logging onto a rugby forum and then moan you have found out about the.....RUGBY!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It is not in the site rules/ FAQ so it may be done. Until Mike chooses to change if he wishes. Until then... diddums.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro wrote:
cpwigan wrote: :roll:

excatly

every match.......saint v salford SPOILER
wigan v Hudds SPOILER

an so on....come on get real. I cannot understand logging onto a rugby forum and then moan you have found out about the.....RUGBY!
We're not talking about the threads, just the titles. As I keep saying, why is it so hard to just title the thread something simple like "Wigan v Saints", instead of something that gives the result away to those who haven't yet seen it?

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Strangely enough, some people may find this hard to believe, but some of us actually come on to these forums for info on what is happening in the club, what rumours are going round and also what other general RL topics and non RL topics are being discussed. Not just to see what the latest score is. If the site did nothing but discuss "real time" scores, then we would know not to come on here.

Nobody's asking for threads to be deleted / never started, regarding a current match or the last match we played in. Just simply to put in the title something like "Wigan - Hudds" or similar. Then the people who haven't seen the match and have recorded it, can watch it happily without knowing the score, it's much more enjoyable that way. I think if it was someone other than Jim, then there wouldn't have been so much discussion.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

In the crying game, the girl is really a guy :wink:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

medlocke wrote:In the crying game, the girl is really a guy :wink:
do you know all there is to know about the crying game?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."