Spoilers

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Kittwazzer

Crusaders 0 - Wigan 120

Post by Kittwazzer »

[quote="GeoffN]
Is it really such a sacrifice to have "Crusaders v Wigan" as the thread title, rather than "Crusaders 0 Wigan 120"?[/quote]

Mmmm! That would make for an exciting 80 minutes! Go for it Wigan!!
cpwigan

Re: Spoilers

Post by cpwigan »

If that was the score then bollocks to spoiler rules :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

highland convert wrote:Pedro, what is your beaf. It is a simple request. It only covers a thread title. It has b all to do with the content. We see a title as Geoff suggests and we know if we have still to watch the match we don't open that thread. Write whatever you like within. Why shut the site?
Why are you taking umbridge about reasonable request that is to the benifit of many?
Jim
With you on this one Jim.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sutty wrote:Strangely enough, some people may find this hard to believe, but some of us actually come on to these forums for info on what is happening in the club, what rumours are going round and also what other general RL topics and non RL topics are being discussed. Not just to see what the latest score is. If the site did nothing but discuss "real time" scores, then we would know not to come on here.
So it is vital to come on here to find that sort of information out just after a match has taken place the result of which you do not want to know? Err...no it's not.

I quite agree final scores should not be posted in thread titles but it is unreasonable to expect any other threads that may get started due to a match having taken place such as the refs performance or whatever to not mention the result.
Nobody's asking for threads to be deleted / never started, regarding a current match or the last match we played in. Just simply to put in the title something like "Wigan - Hudds" or similar. Then the people who haven't seen the match and have recorded it, can watch it happily without knowing the score, it's much more enjoyable that way. I think if it was someone other than Jim, then there wouldn't have been so much discussion.
If I really didn't want to know a result I would not go near here (or rlfans) just in the same way I would avoid the news on TV.

I would not expect every thread that wasn't obviously titled in such a way that it was discussing the game to not include discussion of the result or the fact we simply won or lost.

If you really want to guarantee not knowing a result you have to forgo any contact with any media that may mention it. That includes this site because even if rules were made to outlaw mentioning the result you can still be sure someone would!

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Here's a question. Jim and others say don't put the information in the thread title. Fair enough. However, Jim and others have accepted they may read the very same information they are seeking to avoid within threads. Surely, that renders all complaints absolutely pointless?

I just think as Dave O and others have said if I do not want to know a RL result I would avoid RL sites like the plague.