Spoilers

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
highland convert

Re: Spoilers

Post by highland convert »

pedro wrote:or just not log onto a rugby forum and moan when a rugby result is on...madness
When a little consideration is given there is no need to stay away. The score in the title is not a necessity. What you are actually writing is that you have no wish to considerto others when you post. Sad. I wonder if the thread would take the same tack if it was not my name on the initial post.
Jim
pedro

Post by pedro »

highland convert wrote:
pedro wrote:or just not log onto a rugby forum and moan when a rugby result is on...madness
When a little consideration is given there is no need to stay away. The score in the title is not a necessity. What you are actually writing is that you have no wish to considerto others when you post. Sad. I wonder if the thread would take the same tack if it was not my name on the initial post.
Jim
Dont flatter yourself, how can you expect a rugby forum not to talk about rugby and enjoy and post about the score when our greatest rivals get beaten.

I think you need to stop throwing your toys out of the pram and use some common sense.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro wrote:
Dont flatter yourself, how can you expect a rugby forum not to talk about rugby and enjoy and post about the score when our greatest rivals get beaten.

I think you need to stop throwing your toys out of the pram and use some common sense.
You're missing the point: nobody's saying don't talk about it, just don't shout out the result (OK it was my fault not to move it to General RL, I admit!). What's the problem with just putting the topic in the thread title, without saying the result?

Is it really such a sacrifice to have "Crusaders v Wigan" as the thread title, rather than "Crusaders 0 Wigan 120"?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I agree with Geoff and Jim. I don't come on this website just to check results. I often come on to browse, I like to see what's happening on the warriors page as well as any rumours or any other RL related topics.

I would have thought that it would be nice to consider other people when posting a new topic. Like Geoff has said, we don't need to start a topic with the result or the score in the title. Just one labelled Wigan v Crusaders or whoever we're playing at the time would be enough to prevent anyone from seeing the score, who doesn't want to see it. But they can still come on here and browse without anything being spoiled. Nothing to do with prams and toys being thrown. Just simple consideration.

pedro

Post by pedro »

So putting on Salford hammer saints in the title is wrong? I dont think it should be but that would tell someone about the result.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pedro wrote:So putting on Salford hammer saints in the title is wrong? I dont think it should be but that would tell someone about the result.
I'd say it was inconsiderate. Whether anyone thinks that's wrong is up to them.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN wrote:
pedro wrote:

You're missing the point: nobody's saying don't talk about it, just don't shout out the result (OK it was my fault not to move it to General RL, I admit!). What's the problem with just putting the topic in the thread title, without saying the result?

Is it really such a sacrifice to have "Crusaders v Wigan" as the thread title, rather than "Crusaders 0 Wigan 120"?
Well said Geoff, I agree fully with the suggestion of keeping scores away from the title of the thread.
pedro

Post by pedro »

why dont we just close the website and only open it a couple of days after a result...that would work
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Pedro, what is your beaf. It is a simple request. It only covers a thread title. It has b all to do with the content. We see a title as Geoff suggests and we know if we have still to watch the match we don't open that thread. Write whatever you like within. Why shut the site?
Why are you taking umbridge about reasonable request that is to the benifit of many?
Jim
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

highland convert wrote:Pedro, what is your beaf. It is a simple request. It only covers a thread title. It has b all to do with the content. We see a title as Geoff suggests and we know if we have still to watch the match we don't open that thread. Write whatever you like within. Why shut the site?
Why are you taking umbridge about reasonable request that is to the benifit of many?
Jim
here here.