Spoilers

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
old hooker

Re: Spoilers

Post by old hooker »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Personally I think Webby is right. I never understand why people thinks knowing the result somehow spoils enjoying watching the game afterwards. The enjoyment comes from the quality of the game not the suspense of guessing the outcome.

If I did not want to know the score of a RL match I would not be scouring RL forums given it is highly likely that by doing so I will discover the result. You could quite easily be reading a Wigan thread and the result of another match gets mentioned.
But the fact remains that some people do prefer not to know the result, in which case is it really necesary to make the thread title, for example, "Huddersfield 30 Wigan 38", rather than simply Huddersfield v Wigan"?
(and yeah, admittedly it probably should have been moved to "general"!) :blush:
Spot on Geoff,
pedro

Post by pedro »

If he has time to log on here he should have made time to watch the game :)

If you dont want to know the score. You keep away from the radio, text and the internet...simples
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:If I did not want to know the score of a RL match I would not be scouring RL forums given it is highly likely that by doing so I will discover the result.
I totally agree. That is exactly what I do (or dont do if you catch my drift) if I dont want to know the result of a game. There is not a chance that I would look at any RL forum or sports website, if you do you can hardly complain if you come across the result imo.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Strange reply from CPW considering he was the one who introduced many of us to acrossthetasmin.com where they actively campaign against title threads that reviel results. Why should it be necessary to keep away from a favourite website because of careless thread titles in the wrong section. A bit of consideration for other site users is all that is required. As Geoff says, stains v salford would be sufficient. Clear enough for fair warning not to open the thread and enough to let others know there is a thread up and running. A lot of the responses say a lot about the posters.
Jim
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

Its simple what Jim is asking just tittle the thread "Salford v Saints" for example and not "Salford stuff saints" or something that gives away the result! please dont all start kicking off with one another! please. i also agree with CP but i understand where Jim is coming from!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jim I uppose because ATT is for getting a copy of the match then it is somewhat different. I realise some people, not just yourself don't like to know the score. Personally, it makes no difference to me. I often watch Aussie games a week + after the result so I am not hiding from RL until I watch the game.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Can see both sides of the argument but suppose its not a big ask from Jim to keep the titles spoiler free. Its not as if he's asking us not to discuss results. The ATT point was a little weak though Jim as the assumption of that site is that people haven't seen the games already, hence downloading but get your point.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

pedro

Post by pedro »

or just not log onto a rugby forum and moan when a rugby result is on...madness
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

CRUSADERS 6 WIGAN 46
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham