Thread says I have posted in it

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
cpwigan

Thread says I have posted in it

Post by cpwigan »

But haven't and I am not on my own ignore list lol

This post was made by cpwigan who is currently on your ignore list. Display these posts.

The Onedego Fixture Thread
gpartin

Re: Thread says I have posted in it

Post by gpartin »

Kitwazzer asked me about this a bit ago and being unable to answer the query I emailed Mike and got this response:

"When a user is 'ignored' by over 75% of active posters(!), an automated system kicks in which places said user on the foe list of all other posters by default. A sporadic glitch in the system following this trigger, can sometimes mean that if a user who has physically placed you in their foe list, writes a thread, the system can give the (wrong) impression to the ignored user that they have posted in the thread. In addition to this, it will often appear, absurdly, that this user is, in effect, ignoring himself. This issue therefore, can potentially cause embarrassment to the author of the thread, who, through no fault of his own, has revealed to the ignored user that he considers him/her a foe. Unfortunately with my limited knowledge of HTML C++ Java scripts I am struggling to find a resolution to this issue at present. Although the number affected by this will no doubt remain low (due to the high percentage of 'ignorers' required to trigger the automated system), I am aware of the sensitive nature of the issue and with that in mind I'd appreciate if you would please keep the causes of this to yourself. I'd appreciate if you would reassure any affected user that the matter is being looked into as a priority.

Regards

Mike"

Looking at Mike's response a number of things are clear. The obvious point is that you and Kittwazzer are vastly unpopular, nobody, except me currently reads any of your posts. Also Onedego was one of the many users who chose not to read your posts but I'm sure his blushes will be spared in the knowledge he's most certainly not alone. Thirdly I have way too much time on my hands, I'm in a ridiculous mood and hope you get a proper answer to your query.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

PMFSL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

gpartin wrote:Kitwazzer asked me about this a bit ago and being unable to answer the query I emailed Mike and got this response:

"When a user is 'ignored' by over 75% of active posters(!), an automated system kicks in which places said user on the foe list of all other posters by default. A sporadic glitch in the system following this trigger, can sometimes mean that if a user who has physically placed you in their foe list, writes a thread, the system can give the (wrong) impression to the ignored user that they have posted in the thread. In addition to this, it will often appear, absurdly, that this user is, in effect, ignoring himself. This issue therefore, can potentially cause embarrassment to the author of the thread, who, through no fault of his own, has revealed to the ignored user that he considers him/her a foe. Unfortunately with my limited knowledge of HTML C++ Java scripts I am struggling to find a resolution to this issue at present. Although the number affected by this will no doubt remain low (due to the high percentage of 'ignorers' required to trigger the automated system), I am aware of the sensitive nature of the issue and with that in mind I'd appreciate if you would please keep the causes of this to yourself. I'd appreciate if you would reassure any affected user that the matter is being looked into as a priority.

Regards

Mike"

Looking at Mike's response a number of things are clear. The obvious point is that you and Kittwazzer are vastly unpopular, nobody, except me currently reads any of your posts. Also Onedego was one of the many users who chose not to read your posts but I'm sure his blushes will be spared in the knowledge he's most certainly not alone. Thirdly I have way too much time on my hands, I'm in a ridiculous mood and hope you get a proper answer to your query.
:lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

gpartin wrote:Kitwazzer asked me about this a bit ago and being unable to answer the query I emailed Mike and got this response:

Regards

Mike"

I never sent that...
Unfortunately with my limited knowledge of HTML C++ Java scripts
gives it away.

must've been another mike

PS did you have the original poster in your ignore list cp?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not sure. Don't think so.

I quite like GPs explanation. :lol:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I admit it, the Mike in question is my imaginary friend. Mike has various aliases but is more commonly referred to as 'my mate Dave'. Dave is available for Weddings, Funerals and Bar Mitzvahs with little or no notice and tends to perform best after long periods of insomnia and/or copious amounts of red wine. The views expressed by Dave are not necessarily my own.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."