First Warriors Match - Advice Please

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
MrH

First Warriors Match - Advice Please

Post by MrH »

Hi

I'm looking to bring my Dad down from Scotland for his first Warriors match (he's been a big TV fan for years but has never been able to come down for game) and am looking into getting tickets for either the Warrington match in March or St Helens in April. I know St Helens is the big fixture so would probably prefer to get to that one, but I just wondered how easy it is buying tickets for these big games if you're someone like me who doesn't have a season ticket or any history of going to matches? I've checked out the website booking facility and it seems fine for the games currently available but I'd imagine for games like those it's a bit more difficult?

Any advice appreciated....including recommendations for pre or post match shandies...!

Thanks a lot
KOOCH

Re: First Warriors Match - Advice Please

Post by KOOCH »

Should not be a problem MrH as I order mine via the internet at least a couple of weeks before the game. I personally have not had any trouble getting them. Personally if it was a preference thing Stains or Warrington. It just as got to be the Stains. No better feeling than to see the cabbage patch boys trotting away with heads down. Wolves have upped the stakes over the last few years and are a tough proposition. But it's just got to be the Stains match. Hope your dad enjoys the game. It's not the same watching on tv. It lacks the atmosphere and emotion involved. :D
MrH

Post by MrH »

Thanks for the response mate. Yeah the St Helens match sounds like the one to go to. I've never been to a Rugby League game myself (regular football fan) but I do know the fans generate a great atmosphere - have been near Murrayfield when they've had various events on there in recent years and it's so much more passionate than Union...and a better game to watch too in my opinion.

Ironically enough I've just spotted a page on the official site saying tickets for both these matches are on sale now...although I can't see them available via Ticketmaster....and the page is dated tomorrow! I'm sure I'll work it out....
javascript:emoticon(':conf:')

Thanks again
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

MrH wrote:Thanks for the response mate. Yeah the St Helens match sounds like the one to go to. I've never been to a Rugby League game myself (regular football fan) but I do know the fans generate a great atmosphere - have been near Murrayfield when they've had various events on there in recent years and it's so much more passionate than Union...and a better game to watch too in my opinion.

Ironically enough I've just spotted a page on the official site saying tickets for both these matches are on sale now...although I can't see them available via Ticketmaster....and the page is dated tomorrow! I'm sure I'll work it out....
javascript:emoticon(':conf:')

Thanks again
MrH dont go near Ticketmaster as you pay booking fee's Watch the official site or this site and as other poster said a few wks before when Tickets do go on sale, Just call the ticket office and they will get yo tickets no problem. The East Stand is a gd veiw if your dad can manage a lot of stairs if not South stand behind the Sticks is next best option. We come down from Glasgow for as many games as few can every year, as do a few Guys from N Ireland.

Only good tip is to get down early, plan to get down at least a cpl of hrs before kick off that way you have more time to enjoy the experiance and your not rushed as traffic can be a bit of a problem at times.

Hope this helps and just ask away if you want to know anything as there a gd bunch on here.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Ring the ticket office on 0871 66-33-552 the quickest and easiest way. You should have no worries at all about getting tickets it's easy.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
MrH

Post by MrH »

Ah ok thanks for the tips, guys - much appreciated. Any idea roughly when tickets for the 'Stains' (I'm picking up the lingo already!) game will go on sale? I stumbled across the link below which gives the impression that you can buy them now, but it seems a bit early?

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

Looking forward to coming down.

Cheers

MrH
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MrH wrote:Ah ok thanks for the tips, guys - much appreciated. Any idea roughly when tickets for the 'Stains' (I'm picking up the lingo already!) game will go on sale? I stumbled across the link below which gives the impression that you can buy them now, but it seems a bit early?

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

Looking forward to coming down.

Cheers

MrH
Fixed your Link - Josie

It does say the Saints tickets are available on the eticketline, but I would ring the ticket office if I was you :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Hi ,
We travel down from Edinburgh each week , believe me you won't be dissapointed.Rugby League fans are just a bunch off nutter's (in the best possible sense)and once you have sampled the banter you WILL be back.

If you travel down for the Saints game by car remember its a Bank Holiday and the traffic on the M6 will be mental , Lake district & Blackpool.

Have sent you a PM re some travel information .

Regards . EW
2002 and EW is hooked
MrH

Post by MrH »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:Hi ,
We travel down from Edinburgh each week , believe me you won't be dissapointed.Rugby League fans are just a bunch off nutter's (in the best possible sense)and once you have sampled the banter you WILL be back.

If you travel down for the Saints game by car remember its a Bank Holiday and the traffic on the M6 will be mental , Lake district & Blackpool.

Have sent you a PM re some travel information .

Regards . EW
Yeah got your PM thanks very much for that mate. Really looking forward to sampling the atmosphere down there. I can remember when they had the Challenge Cup Final up in Edinburgh a few years ago and the place was pretty nuts that weekend!!

Cheers