Moderator.

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
cpwigan

Re: Moderator.

Post by cpwigan »

:eusa6: Ron relax. Mike created this site and he ultimately manages it. Obviously Mike has a life so he appoints moderators as and when they are needed periodically replacing for numerous reasons but primarily because they canot spend time here as they once did.

Originally Mike appointed moderators. In recent times he has invited anybody / everybody to apply and held votes too.

Moderating is a thankless task. The pay is lousy and 99% of the time you get abused for trying to do the job. Moderators are damned if they do / damned if they don't AND everybody thinks they know better or could do better.

This site is relaxed and very tolerant. At the end of the day adults on forums sometimes behave like young children. It works, so no need to break it.

Enjoy and relax.

P.S - Dave and Cherry moderate elsewhere so the right people seemed to get the posts. Personally, I think Dave and Cherry are glutton for punishment :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I echo what CP says. As an early poster on SLF I was the first to be appointed 'Super Moderator'. Within a month, I was banned from the site! :lol:
Cherry was a mod on there and lasted about a week! :lol:

It is indeed a thankless task!

PS Adam and Nadia are only in it for the money!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote: The pay is lousy and 99% of the time you get abused for trying to do the job. Moderators are damned if they do / damned if they don't AND everybody thinks they know better or could do better.
Have I missed something here :eusa16:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote: The pay is lousy and 99% of the time you get abused for trying to do the job. Moderators are damned if they do / damned if they don't AND everybody thinks they know better or could do better.
Have I missed something here :eusa16:
Think Josie gets £100k p.a.

Either that or perhaps zilch. :o
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Actually, she gets £12,750 by way of a tax-free stipend due to her contacts and unlimited access to the club.

She spends it all on boxes of Maltesers!
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

cpwigan - thanks for explaining the structure.
It is easier to respect it once you are aware.
Again , thanks.
E.& O.E.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Actually, she gets £12,750 by way of a tax-free stipend due to her contacts and unlimited access to the club.

How did you know about the maltesers :eh: :lol:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Actually, she gets £12,750 by way of a tax-free stipend due to her contacts and unlimited access to the club.

Everybody likes Maltesers!
:lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Everybody likes Maltesers!
:lol:
Yes, but I have a real penchant for them ask anybody who's seen me eat them :blush: :wink: :lol: