Why is this site so badly run?

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
the winky one

Re: Why is this site so badly run?

Post by the winky one »

That's what I like about these forums...we can come on and get annoyed at one another but then it's smoothed over and we all try to help one another....not saying Josie won't clonk you with her stick if she sees you but there you go.. :)
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think the layout is a little better and it may be more upto date via pictures and all of the frilly bits but this forum is a lot better with a great following and a great core following.

Something for you to consider too B-Pie is that the average age of this forum will be a lot higher than yours and I would hazard a guess and say 80% of users here are not interested in twitter and facebook.

I think your enthusiasm should be credited though and I am sure if you want to help by updating pictures and making this forum frilly around the edges then Mike would let you.

I have said similar to this a couple of times to you now though so it is now on you to take to the mark and get stuck in so your ideas and words dont show as empty.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'll say it again. Anyone can update anything on the site.

If you want to help just let me know and I'll update your permissions. You don't need to donate or anything!

I made this a sticky to highlight the fact that no-one has yet contacted me to offer to help update any of the sections yet. If you've got problems with the content of the site, you need to put your money where your mouth is and help out keeping a part of it updated. Its easy, you can add news, images, video, player profiles etc without knowing anything about website design or HTML or bbcode.

BTW We have ads and donations and right now they look like they are going to cover server costs which is great.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Amazing in what way? A news feed or something? We are just a forum I thought I made that pretty clear.
Oh, and seeing as you said no offence, does that mean i should take offence?
:lol:
I did not wish to hurt your feeling or offend you that was all. I just thought the way you were talking the site you rate would be full of amazing graphics, some extra special features. Do you not find most web sites are fairly standard these days?
Wes

Post by Wes »

Mike wrote:I'll say it again. Anyone can update anything on the site.

If you want to help just let me know and I'll update your permissions. You don't need to donate or anything!

I made this a sticky to highlight the fact that no-one has yet contacted me to offer to help update any of the sections yet. If you've got problems with the content of the site, you need to put your money where your mouth is and help out keeping a part of it updated. Its easy, you can add news, images, video, player profiles etc without knowing anything about website design or HTML or bbcode.

BTW We have ads and donations and right now they look like they are going to cover server costs which is great.
if you don't mind me asking Mike how much does it cost per annum to run the site, PM me if you like.
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Personally I think this a great site. I don't post that often but am on here every day having a right good read . I don't really care for all the flashy bells and whistles and the hordes of adverts that generally accompany these type of sites. What we have here is a great forum with usually some good banter to boot. A nod to Mike and Josie amongst others for their efforts over the years for the running of the site and organisation of player sponsorships etc. As others have said if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

I wish you would remove this subject from the Board index. I,for one am getting board with it.I find it repugnant :lol:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm just trying to get volunteers to help update the site - so far none! :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Well cover me over with eggs and flour and bake me for fourteen minutes :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote:I'm just trying to get volunteers to help update the site - so far none! :D
I did volunteer Mike :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan