Why is this site so badly run?

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Why is this site so badly run?

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Yeah I thought it would be a pre season thing, I'm looking more long term for the future of the site.
Well how about we (Am I accepted yet? :blush:) get a player to sponsor, get the funds together from donations and make the dinners and tickets drawn for guys who have donated are are currently 'donation members' so to speak? This wouldn't be the only incentive, but would be another reason to donate.
Would this be reasonable do you think?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Yeah I thought it would be a pre season thing, I'm looking more long term for the future of the site.
Well how about we (Am I accepted yet? :blush:) get a player to sponsor, get the funds together from donations and make the dinners and tickets drawn for guys who have donated are are currently 'donation members' so to speak? This wouldn't be the only incentive, but would be another reason to donate.
Would this be reasonable do you think?
Of course you're accepted! :lol:

Done that way we could use monies to book a full table or more for the dinners as well.

I'll make enquiries at the club with my contacts about a future sponsor but we first need to get enough people interested. As the player moves up the ranks so does the cost of sponsorship. Chris started at £250 then it went up to £400 for the last two years we did it. This season it went up to £600!

So it's always better to start with an academy player with good prospects :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Well there is plenty of time, as you say, we won't be able to sponsor until next season.
Sounds very positive though.
In terms of gaining exposure, how do you think you are getting on, and do you think there is much room for progression. What are you doing in terms of gaining exposure?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Well there is plenty of time, as you say, we won't be able to sponsor until next season.
Sounds very positive though.
In terms of gaining exposure, how do you think you are getting on, and do you think there is much room for progression. What are you doing in terms of gaining exposure?
The only exposure is as I said before site name in the programme & on the official site :(
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Do you have a facebook page and a twitter account for the site?
They are always good ways to get new posters.
Especially with rugby players being more 'normal' than footballers. Footballers are celebrities and don't tend to give many people the time of day.
We actually got Rio Ferdinand to retweet one of our tweets which went out to all his followers. Within a day or so we had a record number of new posters and guests.
I would be happy to start a twitter account for you if you're not on yet.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Whats the name of the forum you are invoved in? you have the sound of a slick salesman to me. :exc:
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Like I have said, if you would like to take a look at the forum I am involved in, pm me and I'll give you a link and you can have a look at the type of forum I help run.
I'm not here to gain any exposure to my forum though. I understand what you mean by salesman though lol. Maybe its because I've been backtracking a bit after offending most of the regular members on here.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

The site is www.unitedlounge.com

This was requested by devon jim who I pm'd the site to, in which he replied for me to put it in the thread and not to pm him again :conf:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm on FB used to be on twitter but I just don't get it lol

I will stick to FB thanks.

Think there was something once on twitter for this site but I don't go on so not sure if its still there or not.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:Like I have said, if you would like to take a look at the forum I am involved in, pm me and I'll give you a link and you can have a look at the type of forum I help run.
I'm not here to gain any exposure to my forum though. I understand what you mean by salesman though lol. Maybe its because I've been backtracking a bit after offending most of the regular members on here.
Being a mod/admin on a forum isn't anything like running a website which has full coverage of a club not just the first team, it's worlds apart. Here's an example around 2001 I made a mortal kombat website which people liked a lot, enough in fact that MortalKombat.com invited me to help out on their official site for the upcoming game Mortal Kombat 5.
Here's the point apart from the graphic design side I dealt with you cannot possibly imagine the amount of effort it takes to keep a live news source and information database up to date. It isn't just bbcode on a forum template and to even compare the two is an insult to the people here who put in the hard work.
A flashy website means nothing if it doesn't give you what you need, this place is functional, well run and the mods/admin are friendly and respectful. What else is needed?