Why is this site so badly run?

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Why is this site so badly run?

Post by Mike »

markill wrote:It might have gone down a little better if the thread was called feedback for the site.

I've noticed the photos thing - I assume its the way the site works that it picks up key words from news articles and selects a photo that was linked to the word, probably just hasn't been updated of late, but the forums are getting good again these days and although a small number of voices make themselves most heard (by posting the most!) I've seen more people making valuable contributions than there was for a period.
Actually the photos are added by users. Its simple to do - so if anyone wants to add new images to the site - let me know.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Aw - no offers to help keep the site up to date?

Maybe you have your answer devonjim.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:I don't mean to be rude but this site is pretty bad. The match previews are crap. You can't view unless you're signed in, they're not updated with injuries, squad news etc and there is no preview whatsoever. Why can't you just make it a standard threat where you can discuss the game and team selections? Pictures are old, injuries, as said, aren't updated. In the news section there is still a picture of Madge with most news reports. Old pictures of players etc. It can't be hard to update things just a little? The forums have some good posters but I've been put off greatly by the clichy feel to the forum.
Surely if you just updated the match threads to something a bit better where you can actually discuss the game along with updating players who are available to pick the team from, that would make things a lot better? It could mean more traffic and more people sticking around.
Out of interest, who is in charge of this site?
Once you start a sentence with I do not mean to be rude and then post a rude message sorry but it MEANS YOU ARE RUDE. Though if you are going to help run the site at least then we all can be rude to you eventually.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

If im going to get people reacting the way the above poster has done, maybe its best if I just dont come on here anymore.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:If im going to get people reacting the way the above poster has done, maybe its best if I just dont come on here anymore.
That,s a shame,try to be a bit thick skind and persevere.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:If im going to get people reacting the way the above poster has done, maybe its best if I just dont come on here anymore.
The last bit was a bit of humor a point which you really seemed to miss. If you had noticed the site needed help there is a better way of doing it than the way your OP did. This is the only really true independent forum board for the warriors RLfans is full of Trolls.

You could have w/ a moderator and taken it from there.
Sgt. Bash

Post by Sgt. Bash »

Mike wrote:
markill wrote:It might have gone down a little better if the thread was called feedback for the site.

I've noticed the photos thing - I assume its the way the site works that it picks up key words from news articles and selects a photo that was linked to the word, probably just hasn't been updated of late, but the forums are getting good again these days and although a small number of voices make themselves most heard (by posting the most!) I've seen more people making valuable contributions than there was for a period.
Actually the photos are added by users. Its simple to do - so if anyone wants to add new images to the site - let me know.
I can provide the site with up to date crests for the other teams if you like. If it's legal to use the current logos that is, without breaking copyright laws etc...
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

This is a fantastic site and you have to admire the time spent by Mike to put it all together over many years. It is upto US to update what we can, Mike allows US to add news stories, pictures, votes, edit player info but not many people do, sadly. I from time to time have added stuff but I can (& will) do more.

I think the OP's thinking is a bit sad to be honest, you try creating a site that is successful and spend your own time and money doing work that, perhaps, only 3 people will view.

Well done Mike and contributors
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It isn't
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ancientnloyal wrote:This is a fantastic site and you have to admire the time spent by Mike to put it all together over many years. It is upto US to update what we can, Mike allows US to add news stories, pictures, votes, edit player info but not many people do, sadly. I from time to time have added stuff but I can (& will) do more.

I think the OP's thinking is a bit sad to be honest, you try creating a site that is successful and spend your own time and money doing work that, perhaps, only 3 people will view.

Well done Mike and contributors
HERE HERE WELL SAID :)