Superleague fixture plans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: Superleague fixture plans

Post by No straw damn us »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 am Wigan v Saints this weekend! Kick off Saturday at 3pm in Barnard Castle. Follow your instincts.
Don't let your wife drive!!
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

It will be ok Boris will back you
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm
pedro wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:54 am Season tickets is the biggest one for me as they will have to be refunded, TV not so much now as the games can still be shown
I won’t ask for a refund on my season ticket. The club will need all the help it can get.
I hope if you booked holidays you take the same stance with the relevant travel firms

Before DaveO comes wittering on about "insurance"/ How do we know the club doesn't have such in place either for unforseen events/disasters/pandemics etc??
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I assume the club has,in all but name been mothballed, most if not all staff, including players on furlough, players seem to have taken a pay cut as well, they are surviving quite happily at the moment, the crunch will come when the season starts back up again and the furlough ends that will be the crunch time for most clubs, again its just an assumption on my part.

Most people will im sure not ask for their money back on season tickets but again I assume thats why the clubs are trying to find the best way to at least try and find a solution to getting fans through the gate, the sooner the better in most peoples eyes ill be bound, but for clubs they would surely be duty bound to offer at least a refund or a heavy discount on next seasons ticket, which comes around to next year if fans cant go to matches, they simply cant put season tickets on sale because they don't know if they'll have a product to sell people to sit in a stadia and watch it, you cant just hope for the best and take a fair chunk of peoples money, it doesn't work that way as we all knows I guess they'll work with the guidelines and try to get fans in at some point, mainly with an eye on next season.

And on another note, if for instance fans cant go through the gate to watch games then surely its pointless hiring the dw?it would be better at the robin park pitch no?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Can’t see why we can’t have social distancing at a home game, put a fan every third seat and then miss a row would mean you could fit a sixth into the stadium. That’s 4000 fans, so we could go every other game.

No other facilities would need to be open except toilets and they could be sanitised. The loos in the south stand only usually have 1 sink working and no blokes seem to mind.
doc

Post by doc »

First Try Tickle wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm Can’t see why we can’t have social distancing at a home game, put a fan every third seat and then miss a row would mean you could fit a sixth into the stadium. That’s 4000 fans, so we could go every other game.

No other facilities would need to be open except toilets and they could be sanitised. The loos in the south stand only usually have 1 sink working and no blokes seem to mind.
Can't see opening the whole stadium for only 4000 fans being financially viable.

Most of the other 6000 ST holders wouldn't be happy either, especially if they miss out on the Saints derby.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

doc wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:59 am

Can't see opening the whole stadium for only 4000 fans being financially viable.

Don't know how Huddersfield manage, then!