Warriors looking to acquire Latics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Warriors looking to acquire Latics

Post by moto748 »

DaveO makes some valid points. I'm certainly with him on the Warriors being able to take their cut from food and drink sales at the Stadium.

But as for the 'enforced summer exile', is that really anything to do with the Latics as such? Is it not the Football League you should be arguing with? My understanding was, that it was a condition of football clubs' membership that they should be owners or 'primary tenants' of their stadia. is this not the case?

I know it's a sore point, and a bone of contention for Warriors fans, but I'm not sure that Wigan Athletic are really the opponents here.
DaveO

Warriors looking to acquire Latics

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:DaveO makes some valid points. I'm certainly with him on the Warriors being able to take their cut from food and drink sales at the Stadium.

But as for the 'enforced summer exile', is that really anything to do with the Latics as such? Is it not the Football League you should be arguing with? My understanding was, that it was a condition of football clubs' membership that they should be owners or 'primary tenants' of their stadia. is this not the case?

I know it's a sore point, and a bone of contention for Warriors fans, but I'm not sure that Wigan Athletic are really the opponents here.
What happens at Huddersfield and Hull? Don’t they have football teams they share with? I have never heard of them being on the road in summer for week after week.

They could be for all I know because I have never thought to check but it isn’t something I have heard anything about. You would have thought it would have come up if they had to put up with the same nonsense.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:07 pm DaveO makes some valid points. I'm certainly with him on the Warriors being able to take their cut from food and drink sales at the Stadium.

Sorry but thats nonsense as far as I know bar a couple of weeks it seems here and there no other club apart from wigan get shafted this way, it has to stop, hiding behind the football isn't going to wash anymore and quite why the rugby side of things allowed it to get like this is beyond me.

Just doing a little bit of light research in the issue the Giants had no more than a couple of home games grouped together at any one time, and of course thats fine by me but the best part of 8 weeks? thats taking the Mickey in anyones book.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I agree that if there is one thing which I get angry about it is the waste of 2 months every year (and with it the potential to have to give up home advantage in the cup). If we avoid that, then that would make me happy. I couldn’t care less whether Latics are doing well or in the Northern Premier League, I simply want what’s best for Wigan rugby, and will support IL’s move if and only if this is shown to be in our best interests and offers no risk to us, as they slip back to their natural non league level.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:55 pm
moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:07 pm DaveO makes some valid points. I'm certainly with him on the Warriors being able to take their cut from food and drink sales at the Stadium.

Sorry but thats nonsense as far as I know bar a couple of weeks it seems here and there no other club apart from wigan get shafted this way, it has to stop, hiding behind the football isn't going to wash anymore and quite why the rugby side of things allowed it to get like this is beyond me.

Just doing a little bit of light research in the issue the Giants had no more than a couple of home games grouped together at any one time, and of course thats fine by me but the best part of 8 weeks? thats taking the Mickey in anyones book.
Agreed, a lot of people keep pointing to the pitch being re-layed at this point every year but then I've always wondered why Huddersfield and Hull haven't had the same issue and also why the hell does re-laying a pitch take the best part of 2 months? Plus it's probably re-layed at this point every year because it's football's off-season.

I would hope that Lenegan has a plan that involves improving things for Wigan RL (and it would certainly be nice to get rid of the whole 'rent-boys' tag).
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53498844

Preferred bidder has been chosen from 5 who have the money.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:58 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53498844

Preferred bidder has been chosen from 5 who have the money.
As Gerry Rafferty once sang let’s hope “get it right next time”
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

After tonight's results it appears that if Latics are deducted 12 points then they'll be relegated.
Whether this will affect the bids or not would be interesting to know.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wouldn’t it be madness not to make the bid conditional to some extent on what division the club is in? Could this be good for us, if we end up picking up them on the cheap? As long as we get to play when suits us I couldn’t care less whether they are in the Northern Premier League or champions of Europe.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

[quote="Exiled Wiganer" post_id=477476 time=1595454747 user_id=2447]
Wouldn’t it be madness not to make the bid conditional to some extent on what division the club is in? Could this be good for us, if we end up picking up them on the cheap? As long as we get to play when suits us I couldn’t care less whether they are in the Northern Premier League or champions of Europe.
[/quote]
That point settled last night then. My original offer of £10 and Robin Park in exchange for the DW can now be reduced to just Robin Park.
I am bravely fighting the urge to reduce the offer to just £10.😂
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.