Is the Cas game on TV?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Is the Cas game on TV?

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:01 pm Got the last three minutes and the replay of the tries, good win though from the commentary we seemed to make hard work of it. Annoyed with the RFL but happy with the two points. I have just been told that the production company are a tin pot firm from Leeds. Says it all really, nothing good has ever come out of Yorkshire and the RFL are a level below useless and penny pinchers.
The only good thing to come out of Yorkshire is the M62 :ugeek:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:04 pm As a non season ticket holder I was thinking earlier I would have happily paid to watch.

Therefore RL is losing out on not having a pay per view option on all games.

Given how tight money is in sport, this needs to be addressed.
They can't do that because of the SKY contract apparently. They had to negotiate exemption just to get the season ticket holders access from what I've read.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Worked fine for me, and our family who were signed up to it, so sounds like the luck of the draw.
Really impressed with the team, more of the same from previous weeks. We look so fit, and seem to know I exactly what we need to do to wear teams down to breaking point. As with all of our games so far, only one winner from 20 minutes out. Not sure how our back line will fit everyone in, but I would stick with Isa in the centres, as we look so strong there. Our tactic of playing 7 second rows means we don’t make massive post contact metres up the middle, but we can defend forever and take advantage when gaps appear. I have a very good feeling about this year. Bravo, Mr Lam.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Mike wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:44 am
East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:04 pm As a non season ticket holder I was thinking earlier I would have happily paid to watch.

They can't do that because of the SKY contract apparently. They had to negotiate exemption just to get the season ticket holders access from what I've read.
Mike I understand the position but they seemed to manage it for Premiership football during lockdown. I think they were going to charge and then screened them all for free on Sky and BT sports. Personally I think Super League should have done the same. As always rugby league is the poor relation in sport.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:37 am

Mike I understand the position but they seemed to manage it for Premiership football during lockdown. I think they were going to charge and then screened them all for free on Sky and BT sports. Personally I think Super League should have done the same. As always rugby league is the poor relation in sport.
What’s the incentive for Sky to televise all of the rugby league games?

It’s a cost:benefit analysis and you would think if there was profit to be had then it would have been agreed. The fact it isn’t probably tells you all we need to know about rugby league viewing figures and the estimate increase in purchasing sky sports they projected it may have added.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
East Stand Faithful

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 am

It’s a cost:benefit analysis and you would think if there was profit to be had then it would have been agreed. The fact it isn’t probably tells you all we need to know about rugby league viewing figures and the estimate increase in purchasing sky sports they projected it may have added.
The incentive to screen all football matches was to keep the nation sane during lockdown.

It was never a commercial gain.

I doubt Sky could have covered all the games but the clubs could have and due to the exceptional circumstances I would have thought Sky would have allowed a concession on their contract.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:10 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 am

The incentive to screen all football matches was to keep the nation sane during lockdown.

It was never a commercial gain.

I doubt Sky could have covered all the games but the clubs could have and due to the exceptional circumstances I would have thought Sky would have allowed a concession on their contract.
So Sky and BT will not have had an increase in subscribers since all the games are on tv?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
East Stand Faithful

I don’t think Sky necessarily increased their subscribers when they put more football on. My point was Super league could have re-negotiated a deal with Sky to allow more or even better all games to be available during a pandemic.