Hummel's UK merchandise distributer

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Hummel's UK merchandise distributer

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Elite Sports who distribute Hummel's UK merchandise enters administration. Wigan merchandise stranded in port until solution found

Via WWRL twitter page (sorry can't post link)

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
josie andrews

Re: Hummel's UK merchandise distributer

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:06 pm Elite Sports who distribute Hummel's UK merchandise enters administration. Wigan merchandise stranded in port until solution found

Via WWRL twitter page (sorry can't post link)

EW

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fi-XFw7XoAAY6bl.jpg

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... zsH17O2dKQ

They do the RFL World Cup merchandise as well!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

I think elite “pro” sports do the World Cup stuff and they own the company called Oxen who do the England stuff and Leeds rhinos, castleford etc etc.
Elite sports are the company who supply Coventry city, Southampton, recently Glasgow rangers and few others with Hummel kit who are all in the same boat as Wigan.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well that's a bugger
Jdh83

Post by Jdh83 »

What a shame as this will have a pretty significant impact on pre Christmas revenue for the club! I called in this morning before the club released its statement looking to purchase 6 shirts for Christmas and birthday presents. I left with 1 so already pretty much sold out.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

We definitely aren't isolated with the above issue.

I bought a Millwall shirt on the black Friday sale, it arrived in the post safe and sound, had a look on their website a day or two later....they've closed their club store and taken the online shop offline.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:37 am We definitely aren't isolated with the above issue.

I bought a Millwall shirt on the black Friday sale, it arrived in the post safe and sound, had a look on their website a day or two later....they've closed their club store and taken the online shop offline.
That’s because you were the only person on the planet who wanted to buy a Millwall shirt, probably :D
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Its the same at Fleetwood Town. I'd pre-ordered an away shirt for Christmas. They've refunded my order and basically said thats it now for the season there won't be any more.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

AndyNick wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:03 am Its the same at Fleetwood Town. I'd pre-ordered an away shirt for Christmas. They've refunded my order and basically said thats it now for the season there won't be any more.
bloody hell, that could be quite a bit hole in a clubs finances for the year if it is that bad
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

the pieman wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:53 am
AndyNick wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:03 am Its the same at Fleetwood Town. I'd pre-ordered an away shirt for Christmas. They've refunded my order and basically said thats it now for the season there won't be any more.
bloody hell, that could be quite a bit hole in a clubs finances for the year if it is that bad
Its not as bad as it could have been. Being a small market club they don't tend to re-stock during the season, but this seasons away shirt had proved to be unexpectedly popular so they ordered a second batch which has now been cancelled. It's not going to have as severe an impact as it will on other clubs, who would be relying on a Christmas rush to boost finances going into January.

As it stands I'm probably not getting a Wigan shirt this season. The only sizes they have would have fit me 2 years ago but having lost weight would now drown me. Oh the irony!!!!