Pearce-Paul to leave Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Pearce-Paul to leave Wigan

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:12 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:55 am
No straw damn us wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:31 am

You could argue in a similar period Wigan have managed to keep O'Loughlin, Smithies, Smith, Havard, Byrne, Farrell etc?
You could but you could also argue that Saints have had more success recently which I don't believe they would have done if Wigan's retention rate had been higher.
You could argue that Saints have done better at retaining players because of their greater success.
Success doesn’t pay the mortgage a salary does. I think they pay their up and coming players better than Wigan.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:35 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:55 am

You could but you could also argue that Saints have had more success recently which I don't believe they would have done if Wigan's retention rate had been higher.
You could argue that Saints have done better at retaining players because of their greater success.
Success doesn’t pay the mortgage a salary does. I think they pay their up and coming players better than Wigan.
Is this a hunch or do you have evidence?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:46 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:35 am

Is this a hunch or do you have evidence?
It's the off season, it's not business as usual if we don't have some Anti wigan sentiment :)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.