Wells Sending Off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: Wells Sending Off

Post by Matthew »

DaveO posted:
turf posted:
Not many (if any) referees aprt from Thaler and Silverwood (last week) have got the guts to send a player STRAIGHT off the field with a straight red card.
What do you mean? That some refs carry a pink card that means go half way off? If they send them off, they send them off! I am sure all the refs refereeing in SL at the moment have sent a player off before now.

What is a bit unusual here is that Thaler acted on the advice of his touch judge whereas I think certain refs feel they are above that.

Dave
I'd suggest that to the RFL - sounds about the sort of ridiculous thing they'd go for

Ref: "Right, that was a late high tackle (shows pink card) you've got to play on the wing for the rest of the game"
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Uncle Fester posted:

Not True, just watched it on video, Cassidy made first contact (man on man)and the other two players finished the tackle.
[/quote]
I gather from the time difference between posts, that you re-watched the video in order to contradict my post.

I remembered the incident from my own fading memory, (you will know when the match was played). However, I stand that there was only a split-second difference between the Cassidy incident and the two other players involvement, which could hardly have been construed as "finishing the tackle" off, they were more part of the same Cassidy "tackle"

The referee would have seen anything as blatant as the one were Morley was assaulted, if there had been no obstructed view caused by Cassidy's team-mates.

There was minimal (if any) protestation from any Leeds players/fans and I do not recall any one thinking that there was foul play at the time.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
Ref: "Right, that was a late high tackle (shows pink card) you've got to play on the wing for the rest of the game"
Not much of a punishment to Jon Wells really, having to play in the same position for the rest of the game! But why let a small technicality like that get in the way of introducing the pink card rule...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fraggle posted:
Matthew posted:
Not much of a punishment to Jon Wells really, having to play in the same position for the rest of the game! But why let a small technicality like that get in the way of introducing the pink card rule...
Back to thread. Lets make all transgressors wear pink shirt & shorts for there next few matches after suspension, I doubt we'd see many players want THAT!! :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Fraggle posted:
Matthew posted:
Well spotted. OK, thinking like the RFL would - the offending winger has to swap shirts with the linesman and run the line - leaving aforementioned flag waver to play on the wing...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
doc

Post by doc »

Cassidy's hit on Morley was perfectly legitimate given that Moz had viciously taken Robbie McCormack out off the ball minutes earlier which the ref let go!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
Fraggle posted:
Matthew posted:
Well spotted. OK, thinking like the RFL would - the offending winger has to swap shirts with the linesman and run the line - leaving aforementioned flag waver to play on the wing...
A shame they didn't do that when Jamie Ainscough played for us, some of those TJ's couldn't have been any worse than him...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]