Wells Sending Off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Uncle Fester

Wells Sending Off

Post by Uncle Fester »

Just seen it on TV, remembering how many matches Mr Cassidy got for a similar tackle on Morley many moons ago how many should Wells get for one of the most cowardly & thuggish acts I personally have seen on a rugby pitch for a long while. At least Cassidys' tackle was man on man and not on a player already held and not moving.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
waterside glens

Re: Wells Sending Off

Post by waterside glens »

a message for MOZ ....keep the head up ha ha ha ha ..............some day it will get knocked right off :D
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Uncle Fester posted:
Just seen it on TV, remembering how many matches Mr Cassidy got for a similar tackle on Morley many moons ago how many should Wells get for one of the most cowardly & thuggish acts I personally have seen on a rugby pitch for a long while. At least Cassidys' tackle was man on man and not on a player already held and not moving.
Not true, the incident also involved two other Wigan players, who all jumped into the tackle whilst Cassidy knocked Morley out.

The incident was missed by all the officials, but constant SKY replays drew it to the TJ attention and the rest is history.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Not True, just watched it on video, Cassidy made first contact (man on man)and the other two players finished the tackle.[/quote]
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
turf

Post by turf »

Anyway, back to THIS sending off, and I think his touch judge and Mr Thaler got it absolutely SPOT on.

I must also (even though it was a red card offence) give HUGE credit to Thaler for just getting the red card out of his pocket and saying, "off you go".

Not many (if any) referees aprt from Thaler and Silverwood (last week) have got the guts to send a player STRAIGHT off the field with a straight red card.

Well done again Thaler.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

turf posted:
Not many (if any) referees aprt from Thaler and Silverwood (last week) have got the guts to send a player STRAIGHT off the field with a straight red card.
What do you mean? That some refs carry a pink card that means go half way off? If they send them off, they send them off! I am sure all the refs refereeing in SL at the moment have sent a player off before now.

What is a bit unusual here is that Thaler acted on the advice of his touch judge whereas I think certain refs feel they are above that.

Dave
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Wells is a coward

end of story
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Post by turf »

Correct OAM. He could have broken O'Carroll's jaw EASILY.

Thankfully, Noble said today in the studio that he had just got a headache, as had most other members of the squad.

If there is any justice, Wells will be banned for at least 3 matches.

It was a hideous, disgusting, appauling, disgraceful, mallicious (spelling?) and cowardly act and the referee last night, Ben Thaler got it absolutely 100% SPOT on and sent him straight off.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
Correct OAM. He could have broken O'Carroll's jaw EASILY.
Not that easily; O'Carroll wasn't even playing.

Oh, and it wasn't Ashton either, in case you were wondering...

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

ok Geoff he obviously ment

Goulding
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White