Hull KR sign Chev Walker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior4eva

Re: Hull KR sign Chev Walk...

Post by Warrior4eva »

I love it. All these different rumours and opinions.

My main grudge is the fact that the club don't put the fans right on subjects. Surely the club must know that fans patience will be wearing thin. No mention of any players leaving. It's our last home game but no proof the Vaeliki is leaving and so will not get a send off from the fans. It may not be much of one but some fans do like him and he has played well this year.

All these players that Wigan have missed out on, but no one seems to ask were the hell they were all going to play. Mathers, D. Hodgson, Hodgson, Richards, Colbon Calderwood, Fa'afili, Briscoe and Fitzpatrick all competing for full back and wing. We have no centres other than Bailey and Goulding. The forward pack isn't too bad need a decent prop with a couple of youngsters getting a bit of game time i.e Prescott, O'carroll and the new breed.

Wigan are rumoured for everyone, the reason? so agents can get them more money.

I believe we need to keep faith in the coach in bringing in the right players and the club not chucking money at them.

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

what a nice change it will be if next year we dont get points deducted for a salary cap breach! we have a decent team at the moment and if we had not had the 4 points taken away we would be sitting pretty in the play off positions now. yes we need to sign some players to replace the ones who are leaving. but we dont need shed loads of players who will take half the season to gel "again"! walker wont make that much diffrence to us he was nothing special at leeds and couldnt hack it at union. wigan where prepared to pay him what he was worth and nothing more. i would rather spend the money on our acadamy players than wast it on a show pony.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
phibes

Post by phibes »

I think Walker would have been a decent signing, but I'm not panicking yet. Looking at their squad and our's, Hull KR can probably afford to out-bid us regardless of them being SL new boys. And if rumours are true about the juniors getting a substantial pay increase, I'm not surprised we're having to 'pass' on a few players.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Warrior4eva posted:

It's our last home game but no proof the Vaeliki is leaving

I believe we need to keep faith in the coach in bringing in the right players and the club not chucking money at them.
Posted a link 2 weeks ago from a French RU site it clearly shows DV on the new ins list Albi I think the team was ok nothing from the club but it's on their so he is on his way .

May sound daft but the club will not bring anyone in without the green light from the new owner and it will be him and not the coach who decides Nobby thought Walker was a done deal but when we were gusumped by HKR the club did not get into a bidding war this happened with King and Briscoe which shows a change in paying over inflated prices from the last few years .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

lucky 13 posted:
Warrior4eva posted:

It's our last home game but no proof the Vaeliki is leaving

Posted a link 2 weeks ago from a French RU site it clearly shows DV on the new ins list Albi I think the team was ok nothing from the club but it's on their so he is on his way .

May sound daft but the club will not bring anyone in without the green light from the new owner and it will be him and not the coach who decides Nobby thought Walker was a done deal but when we were gusumped by HKR the club did not get into a bidding war this happened with King and Briscoe which shows a change in paying over inflated prices from the last few years .
I remember your referenece lucky 13.Its good that we dont get players who are chasing the money and are average