If you could change one thing at the club what would it be?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ince warrior

Re: If you could change on...

Post by ince warrior »

Free scarf with the season ticket, it works wonders at Stockport County, a big sea of blue and white in the Cheadle End singing the scarf.....

whoops, back to reality :lol:
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
GeoffN

Re: If you could change one th...

Post by GeoffN »

Nine posted:
I was asked that question last night and wondered what other people would say. If you could change one thing at the club - not the squad or anything on the field, but in the rest of the organisation - what would it be?

One thing I would change is the club charging us 10p a minute to ring the tickletline. I think it's a damn cheek and a poor way to treat loyal fans, especially when they make sure you have to wait through a couple of recorded messages before you even get the chance to have your call answered by a person. :angry:
Just thought of another one: that "pop-under" ad on the official site that sneaks through my popup blocker!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN posted:

Just thought of another one: that "pop-under" ad on the official site that sneaks through my popup blocker!
Absolutely agree, how annoying !!!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

GeoffN posted:
Use firefox - it doesn't sneak past that!

Firefox is a thousand times better than IE and a lot less likely to let a virus through - as hackers usually aim to exploit weaknesses in microsoft software...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Matthew posted:
GeoffN posted:
Use firefox - it doesn't sneak past that!

Firefox is a thousand times better than IE and a lot less likely to let a virus through - as hackers usually aim to exploit weaknesses in microsoft software...
Agree there too, shame work won't listen :(
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:
gpartin posted: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Noooo, unless it was Sunday! Saturday evenings are the worst, 6pm is no time for anyone who has to work during the day anywhere on a Saturday. At least 8pm Friday gives people who work until 5pm a chance to travel to the game. I don't think I ever manage the 6pm Saturday Sky games.
They distributed a questionnaire before deciding on Fridays, and the voting was massively in favour of it.
Yes, as a preference rather than a necessity. I can't get to Friday night games unless I finish very early which is difficult to arrange. Even from Leeds it was very difficult and not particularly fun or safe driving across the M62 past Bradford after a full week at work.

If we played on a Sat or Sun there may be some people in Wigan who are inconvenienced slightly and some who can't go but we would get more fans from Hull, Hull KR, Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield and possibly Castleford. You would be amazed how many Wigan fans I see crossing the pennines. Many of them including me would be season ticket holders every year if we played at any time other than a Friday night.

I would be over the moon if we played on a Sunday.

doc

Post by doc »

Can't agree with reserved seating for season tickets in the South (or other stands come to that). Fans who can't get to all matches like to sit with friends/family when they can go. Major problem with all seater stadium vs standing.

Would like to see the return of Sunday afternoon kick-offs. Would get more away fans thru' the gates as well to line Mr. Ws pockets.

Scrap the parking charges.

Fill in the corners wth more seats.

Get shot of the annoying pop-up on the official site.

Cheaper pies :D
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

cheaper food. not everyone a millionaire. especially me.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
mickh

Post by mickh »

Lets bring back the "Entry of the Gladiators" music when the players came out of the tunnel like in the old Central Park days.
And, what has been said before, a score board in the west stand :D
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

was that not enter the clowns? :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------