If you could change one thing at the club what would it be?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nine

If you could change one thing at the club what would it be?

Post by Nine »

I was asked that question last night and wondered what other people would say. If you could change one thing at the club - not the squad or anything on the field, but in the rest of the organisation - what would it be?

One thing I would change is the club charging us 10p a minute to ring the tickletline. I think it's a damn cheek and a poor way to treat loyal fans, especially when they make sure you have to wait through a couple of recorded messages before you even get the chance to have your call answered by a person. :angry:
Squad number 18!
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: If you could change one th...

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

staff in the ticket office who know what they are doing,
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
mike binder

Re: If you could change on...

Post by mike binder »

id like to change our name back to WIGAN RUGBY LEAGUE cant see the warriors point
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

mike binder posted:
id like to change our name back to WIGAN RUGBY LEAGUE cant see the warriors point
it's a selling point for all ages to make the club seem more appealing.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Reserved seating in the South Stand.

I much prefer to be behind the sticks, but I prefer to arrive very close to kickoff time to avoid what is laughingly called entertainment, by which time all the best seats are taken. That's the only reason I moved to the East.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Nine posted:
One thing I would change is the club charging us 10p a minute to ring the tickletline. I think it's a damn cheek and a poor way to treat loyal fans, especially when they make sure you have to wait through a couple of recorded messages before you even get the chance to have your call answered by a person. :angry:
I'd go with that, especially when there are postage charges, card transaction charges and other things added into the mix when you book by phone as well. The club should just accept that it's got a lot of support from outside Wigan and that those people are already putting lots of money into the club without charging us even more on the phone as well. It doesn't cost the club £1.50 every time I buy a ticket with my card, but they still charge that so they are getting profit there, so I'm sure they don't need an extra couple of quid if I happen to ring up on a busy day and have to wait 20 minutes in a queue when I'm already paying the phone bill.

Stop being a small-town club, Wigan, and accept and appreciate and encourage the fans who travel from outside the town to come and follow the lads. Don't rip us off please.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I'd change the cheerleaders and get a marching drum band in, in the style of the Rabbitohs. They start off in town and drum the supporters to the stadium before drumming up the crowd before the game.

They had a brief trial with these at the Warrington CC semi-final and they were loads better than the cheerleaders.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I'd get a proper Wigginer on the ticket line. Not called it for a while but last time I did it was a scouser.

Whats all that about hey hey hey?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I make it so you can buy tickets for the game right up to kick-off, instead of no sales after 5pm!!?? I was picking a ticket up that I had ordered for a friend, as a man, who incidentley was attending his first match and didnt know about the 5pm deadline was trying to buy a ticket!!! Unfortunately he was turned away and he vowed never to come again!!! The match was the Salford match, and there was plenty of spaces left....about 12000 I think!!! If they have the spaces sell em!!! whatever time it is!!!

Matt
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

- psycho - posted:
mike binder posted:
it's a selling point for all ages to make the club seem more appealing.
Nah. Who cares what were called were always Wigan.

Yes the one thing I would change is that we had as much money as Chelsea Football or something...