very worrying only 140k left under the cap

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: very worrying only 140...

Post by jaws1 »

Heard an interview on Radio Manchester with Leneghan next season not looking rosy not much left under salary cap????? he is looking to strenghen the side in 2009.He will be involved at Wigan for 2 1/2 days a week he says that Nobby,Lydon and himself will have to sit down and plan which players are required.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

popularmon posted:
I think the reason why weve only got 140K is due to giving Hansan, Goulding, McColrum, improved contract for next season!!
And possibly £60.000 for Coley that takes it up to £200.000
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Has anyine thought that Nobby is playing games and making nosies we only have so little as not to pay over the odds for a player.

Like the agents use us for a better pay packet for a player Nobby might be using this to lower some new players demands.
mano

Post by mano »

Mick withers cost wigan 10k a game he played 6 games so with is waged and pay off it worked out at 10k a game
doc

Post by doc »

Thought the 50% could be an issue if e.g.

1) Whelco charge a fortune for stadium rental for match days

2) Whelco get advertising revenue for boards around stadium

3) Whelco get all money from sales of beer, pies etc.

i.e. the only club assets are the players, training facility and name. This would leave the club heavily dependant on SKY and advertising in the programme.

On the plus side it may allow us to get better shirt sponsorship deals rather than being tied in with a DW company.

If the reason for the £140K limit is a better deal for some of our U21 players we want to retain then long term it will probably benefit the club.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The 50% thing does no longer exist .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

This is two fold.

1, The 140k may be after the signigns already secured and from what i hear we have 1 signing as well as coley with the ink on the contract dry.

So that would leave 140k to bring in 2 more players.

Fletcher out - Coley in

Millard out - McIlorum in

Vaealiki out - Centre in

one other player to be added.

We will be of similar strengrth to this year and this is not something to get too hung up about.

We just need some luck with injuries.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
This is two fold.

1, The 140k may be after the signigns already secured and from what i hear we have 1 signing as well as coley with the ink on the contract dry.

So that would leave 140k to bring in 2 more players.

Fletcher out - Coley in

Millard out - McIlorum in

Vaealiki out - Centre in

one other player to be added.

We will be of similar strengrth to this year and this is not something to get too hung up about.

We just need some luck with injuries.
Will believe it when I see it announced have eared so many stories from people in the so called know but what will be will be :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

jaws1 posted:
Heard an interview on Radio Manchester with Leneghan next season not looking rosy not much left under salary cap????? he is looking to strenghen the side in 2009.He will be involved at Wigan for 2 1/2 days a week he says that Nobby,Lydon and himself will have to sit down and plan which players are required.

just heard it myself then. it doesnt fill you with much confidence does it really?sounds like the wages ect are in a right mess.