Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Hock

Post by medlocke »

with the team gelling together nicely and finaly looking like a decent squad, i am a tad concerned that Hock could upset the apple cart when his suspension is up, do we really need him giving away stupid penaltys for high tackles and not being able to control his temper, personaly i wouldn't mind if he was kept with the 21's/acadamy or whatever they are called until he is needed because of an injury, lets face it the guy was a huge liability last year.
ajsefc

Re: Hock

Post by ajsefc »

He was poor for the majority of last season, he gave away a lot of penalties and knocked on a lot but when he found his form at the back end of the season he was awesome coming off the bench and played a vital road in our amazing run. He also proved the season before that he can be consistantly one of the top players in super league
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
thomo

Post by thomo »

I don't think he deserves at start at present but he is a must for the 17 - he can change a game and just got to hope he matures with age.

Imagine the score at 6-6 in crucial games - then off the bench come Fekka and Hock!!!!!
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

medlocke posted:
with the team gelling together nicely and finaly looking like a decent squad, i am a tad concerned that Hock could upset the apple cart when his suspension is up, do we really need him giving away stupid penaltys for high tackles and not being able to control his temper, personaly i wouldn't mind if he was kept with the 21's/acadamy or whatever they are called until he is needed because of an injury, lets face it the guy was a huge liability last year.
he might have a challenger for that crown of giving away most penalties in a match in phil bailey!!
dont know what he's been doing in training but every tackle he makes he holds the tackled player down for too long. given quite afew pens away already. needs sorting out imo
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hock is a class player. Having to fight for his place will do him no harm whatsoever. Does nobody any harm. He could even do some stints as a prop.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

standishwarrior posted:
medlocke posted:
he might have a challenger for that crown of giving away most penalties in a match in phil bailey!!
dont know what he's been doing in training but every tackle he makes he holds the tackled player down for too long. given quite afew pens away already. needs sorting out imo
Yes I have noticed that as well. Fletcher used to do it also. That gives away a lot of penalties in a game and the refs are very keen about penalising for lying on.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

he did it last season but seemed to get away with it ,he his well known by the wigan boys for lying on and getting away with it ,maybe Scummings as told the refs to clamp down on him :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mike binder posted:
he did it last season but seemed to get away with it ,hen his well known by the wigan boys for lying on and getting away with it ,maybe Scummings as told the refs to clamp down on him :wink:
Who's hen? :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
unitedwarrior

Post by unitedwarrior »

standishwarrior posted:
medlocke posted:
i think gareth hock is goin to struggle to get in the seventeen when all fit as he not match fit and drops to much ball and gives away daft pens . bring him on against stains to take longys head off . cant wait for quins :o :o
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Last season Hock was,nt at his best,but like was said earlier he was outstanding for GB in Tri Nations.IMO the fact that he did ot have a proper off season last year is prob why he didnt perform to the best his abilitey for most of last season.

Sorry Medlock i think we need an impact player like Hock and i think he will have a top season this year.Someone i know was talking to Hock who said that he had never felt as fit and as strong going into a new season as he does going into this season.