Referee for Wakefield game...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the big i

Re: Referee for Wakefield game...

Post by the big i »

jaws1 wrote:Is Ian Smith a Wakefield referee ??????????????
I always thought he represented Oldham
turf

Post by turf »

He is from the Oldham area.

Ben Thaler is from Wakefield. Normanton to be exact.
mario

Post by mario »

turf wrote:Come on guys, lets not start arguing!! :lol: :lol:

It's nice to also see that Ben Thaler has been given a game this weekend despite him limping on Monday.

He is down at Bradford doing Bradford/Castleford game.

As for our referee - Ian Smith, this could be very interesting given what Anderson said about him!! :lol: :lol:

If Wakefield are in possession, lets hope he hears the hooter!! :lol: :lol:
Thaler didn't hear the hooter at half time on monday! He allowed another play of the ball.
turf

Post by turf »

The difference is that Hull KR didn't score.
mario

Post by mario »

turf wrote:The difference is that Hull KR didn't score.
Had they scored, it would of counted though!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And he had a terrible game.....
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
turf

Post by turf »

Par for the course this season with officials I'm afraid. Klein wasn't that good at Saints either, and neither was Bentham as VR.

I have said this before and I will say it again, but I think that Thaler is the best referee in SL.

But why doesn't he get the big games, aka Leeds/Wigan next Saturday (I wish).

But you know what I mean, Thaler should even get big games that are not involving Wigan, i.e, Saints/Leeds, Bradford/Leeds etc.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

turf wrote:Par for the course this season with officials I'm afraid. Klein wasn't that good at Saints either, and neither was Bentham as VR.

I have said this before and I will say it again, but I think that Thaler is the best referee in SL.

But why doesn't he get the big games, aka Leeds/Wigan next Saturday (I wish).

But you know what I mean, Thaler should even get big games that are not involving Wigan, i.e, Saints/Leeds, Bradford/Leeds etc.
I rated Thaler last year Turf, yes they all can have an odd bad game but on the whole I thought he was very good and he seems quite fair to both teams.
And yes he should be given the chance not just Ganson, Klein and Silverwood because I think they are very biased towards Leeds and Saints but they are the luvvies of Red Hall aren't they, neither those chappies or clubs can do wrong (imo)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
turf

Post by turf »

Apparently someone told me today that Cummings classes, Ganson, Klein and Silverwood as his "top three" officials, therefore that is why the three of them are headlining all of the big games.

All I can say is that if those three are the three top officials that we have got available then we are up sh*t creak.

I wish someone would write a letter to Cummings to suggest that Thaler gets a big game before the end of the season, and see what response we get back.

It would be most interesting to say the least.
the big i

Post by the big i »

turf wrote:
I wish someone would write a letter to Cummings to suggest that Thaler gets a big game before the end of the season, and see what response we get back.
Don't think he is going to take much notice of the letter due to the fact he has got his head shoved so far up his own a**e you would think he was an alien!