Were the hell was Barrett???????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Were the hell was Barrett?...

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan coach Brian Noble had sprung a huge selection shock before the game by leaving out Trent Barrett as a precaution after the Australian stand-off picked up a slight knee injury in the week.

Report Here

A good two points picked up in a game that was spoilt by the conditions, and yet another whistle-happy referee. I thought our pack worked as hard as I've seen them, they just couldn't get any firm footing.
I tend to agree with Coley as MoM, he was making some good yarrds, and tackled his heatr out. McIlorum, too, came out with a lot of credit. I thought TL was below par, though, especially his kicking. Mathers did a decent enough job as stand-in for Trent, but we really missed his kicking game today.

I'll happily settle for the two points, especially with Saints losing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

turf wrote:We would have thought that Mathers would have learnt from his sending off at Warrington.

How was Ian Smith? I heard that he equalled Ganson's record in terms of penalties!! :angry: :angry: :( :(

I really, really hope not. :( :( :angry: :angry:
Just par for the course these days Turf. I do not even look at onside/offside now. He seemed to get most things right otherwise. Bit sad he sin binned a player and then the Wakefield team carried on being penalised for the same offence and he did nothing. I always tell Robjoenz that if you get a player sin binned/sent off you can get away with things afterwards. He never believed me.

The game. Mmmmm. Thought McIlorum did well especially in his first stint. Coley did okay. Lockers was looking good in the first half then he made some mistakes. Tomkins does okay, there's promise/potential.

Wonder what Coyle/S.Tomkins think about Mathers getting the nod at 6. Mathers was either shattered or needed protection because he defended as a centre or wing in the defensive line.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Paleaaesina_Da_ Beast wrote:
turf wrote:We would have thought that Mathers would have learnt from his sending off at Warrington.

How was Ian Smith? I heard that he equalled Ganson's record in terms of penalties!! :angry: :angry: :( :(

I really, really hope not. :( :( :angry: :angry:
well, it wasnt pretty to watch but alot of the penalties were in favour of Wigan, Wakefeild had a man sin binned (as did Wigan later on) but Wigan failed to capitalise on this. Ref was ok but to many penalties!!!
The penalties were ridiculous. He penalised some which were negligible and blatant ones were let go. Terrible game to watch with the stop start stop start. Somebody said they would have fell asleep but all the whistle blowing kept them awake :lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:well if thats anyones idea of entertainment then you can shove it

I've watched Wigan for 31 yrs now and never been as bored as that tonight. In all the years I've stayed to the end but left with at least 15 mins to go forget Trent not playing that was a waste of money tonight we are clueless end off
Yes it was very :(
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

he as signed for Canbera and i for one do not blame him he is like a fish out of water playing with that bunch of 3rd rate non descripts.

we go from bad to worse
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Mathers was a revelation at 6 ;)

:) He clothlined 2 opponents tonight

Beyond that I refuse to offer any comments.
I was quite surprised how well he did play at 6 CP
but the game as a whole was ruined
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Mathers was a revelation at 6 ;)

:) He clothlined 2 opponents tonight

Beyond that I refuse to offer any comments.
I was quite surprised how well he did play at 6 CP
but the game as a whole was ruined
He frightens me Josie. That clothesline tackling technique is a real worry. The crossfield kick on tackle 2 did my head in. I think the guy has serious fitness issues which to be fair is not unexpected. He might be doing well just to be able to play again after his injuries. Still is that good enough?

All I kept thinking was Sam Tomkins could have brought some spark to this game.

You all know my thoughts re fitness. Feka tonight :(

Trent/Hock will pull some rabbits out of hats for us. I think the outside backs will get better in dry conditions. Beyond that?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Do you think he is trying too hard? to prove he is as good as he used to be, I rated him when he was at Leeds, he seems to mistime his tackles and then ends up under the attackers nose! I would still give him time though, he had a bad injury and his confidence will have took a knock I suppose.
I thought they may have put Lockers at stand off and Joel Tomkins at loose! :conf:
But who are we to question why? :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It is difficult to know Josie. I always thought he was a livewire when Leeds were on the attack. However, is he still the same player physically? only takes a small decrease in speed to makea huge difference. Mind you what do we know ;) IL will tell us he's been watching Wigan for 50 years or more and everything is looking good.

At least you can have a whinge on here. Ont other site you get banned. The club monitors what gets posted on there. I previous had a club employee threaten me with all sorts for mere mention of a member of the coaching staff from last season.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

cpwigan wrote:It is difficult to know Josie. I always thought he was a livewire when Leeds were on the attack. However, is he still the same player physically? only takes a small decrease in speed to makea huge difference. Mind you what do we know ;) IL will tell us he's been watching Wigan for 50 years or more and everything is looking good.

At least you can have a whinge on here. Ont other site you get banned. The club monitors what gets posted on there. I previous had a club employee threaten me with all sorts for mere mention of a member of the coaching staff from last season.
Imagine if i went on CP with my name id be Banned before i posted anything

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx