Were the hell was Barrett???????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Were the hell was Barrett?...

Post by cpwigan »

The bang to his knee seems plausible. V Hull KR he pulled up in an early tackle when he banged his knee cap on a big forwards head.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote: A good two points picked up in a game that was spoilt by the conditions, and yet another whistle-happy referee.
Both played a huge part in proceedings. It was awful weather.
I thought our pack worked as hard as I've seen them, they just couldn't get any firm footing.
I tend to agree with Coley as MoM, he was making some good yarrds, and tackled his heatr out. McIlorum, too, came out with a lot of credit. I thought TL was below par, though, especially his kicking. Mathers did a decent enough job as stand-in for Trent, but we really missed his kicking game today.
I thought TL wasn't just below par. I thought he was poor. Inside ball after inside ball, reluctant to take the line on himself and if it wasn't the inside ball it was passed down the line. All very predictable and against a Wakey side missing so many it wasn't good enough.

McIllorum ran well in the first half but his passing was up the creak. The number of times he passed over the head, behind or at the feat of forwards was not good enough. I like the player and think he ought to go far but he needs to work on his passing - a lot. This was as big a reason our forwards never got going as the poor conditions IMO.

As to Mathers, a wasted opportunity by Noble. When I heard he was paying stand off I thought Noble had devised some tactic specially for the game. For example sticking to TL's shoulder as a support player running at speed. A bit like Edawrds used to do as a stand off. No such luck. he was played as a "normal" stand off and you could tell in the 1st 10 minutes he isn't a stand off. Not Mathers fault but Sam Tomkins should have played v a depleted Wakey. If it wasn't working Lockers could have taken over but you aren't going to get many better opportunities to play one of the youngsters against a poor team missing 8 first team players.

Take my comments about the three players above together and you can see why we looked as blunt in attack in this game as we ever have.
I'll happily settle for the two points, especially with Saints losing.
So will I but this was not entertainment.

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:The bang to his knee seems plausible. V Hull KR he pulled up in an early tackle when he banged his knee cap on a big forwards head.
Saw that at the time CP, thought he was giong to go off but then he seemed to run it off. It's better to be safe than sorry and I think it was wise of Nobby to not play him (does that make sense) tonight
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The bang to his knee seems plausible. V Hull KR he pulled up in an early tackle when he banged his knee cap on a big forwards head.
Saw that at the time CP, thought he was giong to go off but then he seemed to run it off. It's better to be safe than sorry and I think it was wise of Nobby to not play him (does that make sense) tonight
They need to look after him too. He's often left with no options but to take the ball up himself. Can you imagine Andy Greg he would have gone mental if his forwards did that to him :)
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote: Lockers was looking good in the first half then he made some mistakes.
When? I thought he was poor throughout - I think you mistook him for some of the strong runs made by Bailey!

[quote="cpwigan]
Mathers was either shattered or needed protection because he defended as a centre or wing in the defensive line.[/quote]
But Leuluai plays centre in all defensive plays - whats new?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

:angry: Agree entirely with Mickh on this one.Wake up everybody we are seeing a team that is playing worse than anything "served up" for our consumption in the last 3 years.No pride no passion and apparently after tonights performance no game plan and certainly no leader out on the park.I do not accept the poor conditions/we have played 3 games in 8 days rubbish - the same has happened to Leeds and others hasn't it?
We need an on field leader not Marcel Marceau (aka Sean O'Loughlin)and a pack which works as a unit. I expect to be slated for this but Feka is a liability that we can't carry anymore he looks unfit and is a one trick poney that all teams have got the better of he is a liability with the ball and in defense needs to look to Tommy Lu as to how to tackle someone.
There are some decent players out there being dragged down to the dross level by others who are stealing a living.
The supporters have stood by these players but as was witnessed tonight we will not and should not be expected to pay to see such dross. :angry:
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

JARJAR wrote: :angry: Agree entirely with Mickh on this one.Wake up everybody we are seeing a team that is playing worse than anything "served up" for our consumption in the last 3 years.No pride no passion and apparently after tonights performance no game plan and certainly no leader out on the park.I do not accept the poor conditions/we have played 3 games in 8 days rubbish - the same has happened to Leeds and others hasn't it?
We need an on field leader not Marcel Marceau (aka Sean O'Loughlin)and a pack which works as a unit. I expect to be slated for this but Feka is a liability that we can't carry anymore he looks unfit and is a one trick poney that all teams have got the better of he is a liability with the ball and in defense needs to look to Tommy Lu as to how to tackle someone.
There are some decent players out there being dragged down to the dross level by others who are stealing a living.
The supporters have stood by these players but as was witnessed tonight we will not and should not be expected to pay to see such dross. :angry:
yeah were terrible worse then we been in years, thats why we have won 6 out of 9 and are joint 2nd. :blush:

we were not very good but we won again in terrible weather conditions, on a poor pitch. and a win is a win, i would much rther win whilst being not very good then lose playing well. at this stage of the season we need to get through games by winning games ugly. we will have to pick our game up against leeds but i think anythings possible in the league. tonights game being the 3rd in 8 days and seeing the conditions i knew it wouldnt be a free flowing game and had to grind out a result, which we did.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

[quote="cpwigangood enough?

You all know my thoughts re fitness. Feka tonight :(

[/quote]

Feka any night and for the past two seasons, :exc: last seasons home game against Hull excepted.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I posted on another thread that the week leading up the Staints game according to Barretts wife he had been resting his leg as he is carrying a knock,then he took another knock against KR on Monday