Re: SMUG!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Me and LR's Angel had the faith as well. Told everyone we know that we would win.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i have to admit i feared the worst but well done lads you did well.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned some of the barn storming drives that Fielden made, for me he played as well as he has done since he arrived at the club. In the second half he was bouncing off players and making at least 10 yards on most of his hit ups. I know it wasn't every drive but it was a massive imrpovement than of late and if he can kick on from this, he will be in for a really good season.
Keep the faith, good things come to those who wait.
Again, as I posted in another thread, I await the abuse from the fans with little patience and the doom mongers :)

doc

Post by doc »

Thought Fielden had a good game but would give my MOM to Carmont.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

And Sky gave their MOM to Mathers, ok he had a good game but certainly not our MOM. I would have thought Fielden or even Leuluai. It was hard to pick one stand out player cos they all played well.

jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

the pack set the platform, it let lu lu and coyle run the shop,

I have to say that for me coyle was tied for the man of the match with carmont, carmont was great in deffence and made some great hard yards to take the pressure off the pack and created some easy yards.

Still think the game slows down when Mcallorum goes off for higham, mickey made some good easy yards but to me nobby got the tactics spot on, rattle them early and push on with a good forward game from then with the back row spreading the ball to run Leeds off the park, a great win and a great result

WELL DONE LADS YOU PROVED ME WRONG
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Fielden's form is definitely picking up as the season goes on. He had a very good game today IMO. Not every drive broke tackles but in many he was making extra metres. He is coming back from injury so this is not unexpected. I hope that this improvement continues and in the second half of the year we will see the Fielden that left Bradford on his way to an outstanding world cup for England (along side that Peacock person who was remarkably quiet in thsi game).

O'Carroll also loked strong taking the ball up and Palea'aesina was the only prop who looked like making a full break through the line. Coley was solid if unspectacular, but thats what we needed in the second half. A very good performance from the pack.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
botica

Post by botica »

Well about time some pro Feilden comments. He did well! As did Tommy, the two of them have taken some stick of late on here and some i feel unfairly.
I don't think tonight was boring, they were great. Onwards and Upwards...

Well done to all the team! The world had written you off and you showed them all..

2 More Points Thank you very much!!! :cool: :eusa3:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

are wigan back? when was the last time we where second after ten games! we all know we are a back end of the season team and as I have said so many times, with 7 of our last 9 games at home it is looking very promising!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Medlocke was last seen jumping up and down in his living room in front of his Lockers lifesize picture. There's a real fan.

It is the likes of Midget Gem that irk. How much moaning did she do beforehand. Negative vibes or what. :D

All the above is complete utter bunkum although I reckon Meds does have the hots for Lockers. Either that or he is a bald bloke with a negative thing about curly hair ;)

Gemma and you above keep believing. Me I was an ass and did not think it was even possible. Good on you folks.

Medlocke the Lockers curly perm is in the post mate