I Was Just Wondering............

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

I Was Just Wondering............

Post by turf »

That since the defeat on Good Friday, do you lot think the defeat has inspired Stuart Fielden and given him a kick up the backside.

I am asking this because he does seem to have improved in his performances since that game on Good Friday.
josie andrews

Re: I Was Just Wondering.........

Post by josie andrews »

I think they have all upped their game Turf. At the Riversiders meeting Lockers said they were all disappointed and ashamed that they had let the fans down, maybe they are trying to make it up to us now. :)
And the way they defended their own line against Leeds, makes me believe them. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think GF his supporters very hard. It certainly did myself. I presume. Indeed would like to think that it hit the players similarly hard. Lockers and Hock both spoke at a student assembly when they were out injured about how important the Wigan v Saints derby were/are to them.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

my nan was telling me about an article that was in the wigan evening post last week , it was letters from the fans saying what they thought of the players and how they are performing...

if i was lenegan i would have give them all a copy of that and said there you go im paying you all good money and thats what the fans think of you...

you cant get a bigger motivator than to prove your critics wrong...
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

No.
I think we have started doing something other than the predictable five drives up the middle then a kick. This results in making the other teams defend the whole pitch not just the channel up the middle which makes it easier for the forwards, which in turn makes it easier for the hooker and easier for the backs.
GENIUS it is not.
Its just been a long time coming.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Rabbitohs' attack was reduced to a boring sequence of hit-ups from their forwards and dummy-half runs from their outside backs. In defence of the South Sydney wingers, I guess they soon worked out that if they didn't come in and get the ball from the play-the-ball, they weren't going to get it at all.

After turning over so much possession in the loss to the Panthers last Sunday, it appeared Souths were determined to simply complete sets of six and get to their fifth-tackle kick option.

First, high completion rates mean absolutely nothing if you are not at least putting some pressure on the opposition with either a strong assault on the advantage line or some rapid ball movement to the faster players out wide.

Second, what's the use of simply looking to get to your kick when your kicks are so poor?

The last-tackle plays by Souths had nothing constructive about them and simply gifted possession back to Manly without any pressure or contest for the ball.

No, I'm afraid there's no hiding from the fact Souths were horrible, and, as Forrest Gump said, "That's all I have to say about that!"
The above is in support of Consigs view. To be fair the above is about South Sydney but could be us when we play poorly or any other team for that matter.
markill

Post by markill »

after the way o'carroll played on saturday feilden could do with stepping it up again, although he did run straight a couple of times so yeah his performance improved
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod