New deals spell the end of higham???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

New deals spell the end of higham???

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Prescott, Goulding, Mcllorum all get 2 year deals with an optional 3rd

In the continuing blatent disregard for higham the club are showing i think this is the final nail in the coffin for his Wigan career. Mcllorum given a 2 year deal. This obviously shows they have no intention of keeping higham for mine.

It is good to see the young lads getting contracts however what incentive are they offering higham to perform?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Matthew

Re: New deals spell the end of...

Post by Matthew »

I think that you can add Calderwood to the "won't be here next year list". He wasn't selected to play against leeds and missed out to another player who has yet to secure a contract for next year.

With talk of us trying to bring a young Aussie over for this season; I can't see him getting another contract either.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Speaking too soon? Is it not a case of keeping our young talent at wigan? I am sure Higham is still in Noble's plans and there are still several people yet to be offered a new contract if that is possible. If Higham is offered a contract I am sure he will sign with McIlorum playing the Godwin role for another 1 or 2 years until Higham sees time to move on.

Afterall McIlorum although impressive with his new £129.99 Adidas Pred Absolution TRX-FG blue boots isnt the finished article and needs Higham still as a mentor

We still dont know how McIl will progress either quickly or slowly during this season.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ancientnloyal wrote:Speaking too soon? Is it not a case of keeping our young talent at wigan? I am sure Higham is still in Noble's plans and there are still several people yet to be offered a new contract if that is possible. If Higham is offered a contract I am sure he will sign with McIlorum playing the Godwin role for another 1 or 2 years until Higham sees time to move on.

Afterall McIlorum although impressive with his new £129.99 Adidas Pred Absolution TRX-FG blue boots isnt the finished article and needs Higham still as a mentor

We still dont know how McIl will progress either quickly or slowly during this season.
I dont think i am no. Think about it not only did the club try and swap him at the start of the season. Then they come out and say "Higham Must earn his contract" in public and a week later offer his youngster partner an extended contract. What motivation does it give higham to want to perform for us. I think Macca has had a good start to the season but i dont feel he has completely out-shone higham, plus the fact higham has been patitent even last year when grandad millard who offered nothing over higham was picked ahead of him, now he is getting a unproven youngster picked ahead of him and got a new contract.

Higham has been the only one singled out as having to earn his contract which i think is an awful way to treat a proffessional sportsman.

Re: Calderwood, i cant see him being with the club after this year and to be honest i couldn't care one jot about that i think he has been the biggest flop of the lot and has done nothing for us.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Well done wigan great to see us finally using our great youth set up

Signing McIllurom up asap was vital. with a number of SL clubs after him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Should have known Mickey Higham would be leaving. Whoever does that spread in the Evening Post always ends up leaving the club ie: Terry O'Connor, Terry Newton its a death wish to do it. So if any of the other players are offered it ... refuse its a sure way to leave :lol: :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote: Re: Calderwood, i cant see him being with the club after this year and to be honest i couldn't care one jot about that i think he has been the biggest flop of the lot and has done nothing for us.
I think that is a bit unfair. Whilst he hasn't recreated the form he had with leeds; I think that some of that can be put down to the awful service he has had at centre.

As for doing "nothing for us" - what about the hat-trick in the play off game at Bradford? I for one have yet to tire of seeing him intercept the pass and go the length of the field! and didn't he break his ankle in the following game chasing into the in goal area?

He may not be our greatest ever winger - however I wouldn't consider him to be "the biggest flop of the lot"[/quote]
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

josie andrews wrote:Should have known Mickey Higham would be leaving. Whoever does that spread in the Evening Post always ends up leaving the club ie: Terry O'Connor, Terry Newton its a death wish to do it. So if any of the other players are offered it ... refuse its a sure way to leave :lol: :lol:
you can add wagga to that list didnt he do waynes world in the post 4 a year then let the club.
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:Should have known Mickey Higham would be leaving. Whoever does that spread in the Evening Post always ends up leaving the club ie: Terry O'Connor, Terry Newton its a death wish to do it. So if any of the other players are offered it ... refuse its a sure way to leave :lol: :lol:
How can i get Lockers to do it :wink: :lol:
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Great news, particularly on McIllorum who has apparently been in demand from other clubs.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!