Let's not blame Klein!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Let's not blame Klein!!

Post by cpwigan »

For what it is worth I thought he had a decent game and was following the same philosophy as Ganson v Leeds. Other than the deciding try I did not see much wrong.

I thought the last kick off could have been a knock on by Cats. However, it is one of those 50/50 calls.

The try Arghh 3 officials so not just Klein. Personally and this is from far away and without seeing it on TV. Calders went up which means he can only be challenged by opponents contesting the ball. Two Cats plays either side of him. Law of averages would suggest 1 at least did not contest the ball. Who knows until we see it on TV. What a choker.
GeoffN

Re: Let's not blame Klein!!

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:For what it is worth I thought he had a decent game and was following the same philosophy as Ganson v Leeds. Other than the deciding try I did not see much wrong.

I thought the last kick off could have been a knock on by Cats. However, it is one of those 50/50 calls.

The try Arghh 3 officials so not just Klein. Personally and this is from far away and without seeing it on TV. Calders went up which means he can only be challenged by opponents contesting the ball. Two Cats plays either side of him. Law of averages would suggest 1 at least did not contest the ball. Who knows until we see it on TV. What a choker.
It's not often I'll blame a ref for a defeat, but I definitely disagree with you tonight! He missed at least 4 forward passes from them, while pulling up the one from O'Carroll to Calderwood that was borderline at worst. two occasions when we should have had another set of six and he didn't give them, several knock-ons either not spotted or adjudged to have gone backwards, the tackle into touch that should have been a penalty to us, and that last "try" of theirs.
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Clown should be shot for tonights disaster.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Why not blame Klein. The knock on from the kick off was the most blatant i have ever seen. The guy who dropped it had to run forward to pick it back up and then didnt even carry on running.

He killed us in the second half, just as we were getting on top.

Its the Klein way of stopping momentum.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

CPWigan, which game weere you watching? there were two blatant knock on's where Clown said the ball went back. The Catalan side were off side more thaan they were on. Clown is a Tosser! :angry: [/quote]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The tackle into touch was fine Geoff. Our player made a voluntary tackle. The Cats player took him by the neck of his shirt and dragged him the yard or so to put him in touch. If anything they should have got the penalty.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:The tackle into touch was fine Geoff. Our player made a voluntary tackle. The Cats player took him by the neck of his shirt and dragged him the yard or so to put him in touch. If anything they should have got the penalty.
Not the way I saw it. He surrendered, yes (we had that discussion with Rob on another thread!), but then the Cats player touched him, completing the tackle. He then started to get up to play the ball, and that's when he was dragged into touch.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The tackle into touch was fine Geoff. Our player made a voluntary tackle. The Cats player took him by the neck of his shirt and dragged him the yard or so to put him in touch. If anything they should have got the penalty.
Not the way I saw it. He surrendered, yes (we had that discussion with Rob on another thread!), but then the Cats player touched him, completing the tackle. He then started to get up to play the ball, and that's when he was dragged into touch.
If that is the case Geoff then the touch judge certainly let us down as he was next to it. Klein was close enough. I would have to see it on TV but I can only say what I saw.

I knew everybody would scream Klein but we had a 20-10 lead and threw it away. You cannot give Cats possession on your own try line. They punish mistakes. I still only see 2 maybe 3 mistakes by Klein. We had several players who made a similar number.

captinjack

Post by captinjack »

I knew everybody would scream Klein but we had a 20-10 lead and threw it away. You cannot give Cats possession on your own try line. They punish mistakes. I still only see 2 maybe 3 mistakes by Klein. We had several players who made a similar number.

[/quote]

It was not thrown away, but gifted to Catalans by Klein the Clown and his disgraceful performance. :angry:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I wished we had a video referee for the last try but sorry it is too easy to blame Klein. I give Robjoenz heaps re referees but he was not the reason we lots. We struggled to control the game early through our own mistakes, poor passing etc. We got back into the game when Feka started making good yards. We took the game by the scruff of the neck when Higham and O'Carrol came on. Tommy Lu Lu got better. When they went off we lost control. Taking Tomkins off briefly did not help either. We failed to read Cats attack andf they started winning the ruck, gaining huge yards and holding at least 50/50 in the possession stakes.

We need to look at ourselves. Calderwood giving ascrum away from a kick. Somebody else conceding a penalty on the last tackle. Our poor kicking. Mediocre displays by Fielden, Hansen, Calderwood, Colbon, McIlorum and Coyle who can be excused as he is new to this level.