Fortress JJB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Fortress JJB

Post by GeoffN »

ByeByeLatics wrote:Tell ya what then, Go and fill it, everyone involved thinks that the wigan fans are not arsed, (cause we'll take it and we'll go anywhere) wigan plc gets the revenue money from the gate receipts at Widnes, it gets swept under the carpet, and the next time it happens.... and it will if you go and support it... we'll be in the same boat again.

Use your brains folks. Dont go, dont support it, hit all involved with the £ sign cause that what makes Whelan tick and dont bow to behaving like Gypsies. Have some pride!

No, that's still nonsense. We need to do something that hurts Whelan/Whelco, not the club.
Susi

Post by Susi »

Are ya a rugby fan bye bye latics, because if you are you sure have a funny way of showing it.
As a loyal fans we try to get to any matches we can, we support our lads, through thick and thin.
So as for boycotting the match friday,you must be mad.
There are other ways of hurting the old git whelan, without hurting our lads.
I for one would go to the moon if I could get there to watch my team.
Use your brain to come up with and idea that will really hurt his pocket.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Got our tickets,

Taking my Son for his first away game ever,

To stay away would be crazy, this is when the boys need us more than ever, they will be up for it as well,

There are ways to hit Mr W and I'm already well underway with my first idea!!!

Come on lads stick it up him!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

When I first heard about this whole fiasco, my immediate response was to put up a post on here slating Lenegan for letting this situation arise.
I also recently put a post on here saying that we would definitely finish in 6th place.
I was wrong in both instances.
Although IL could have managed the situation better, I think rather than incompetence it was down to naivety in trusting the integrity of Whelan, who has in the past allowed games to be played on consecutive days.
What has swung my opinion so drastically is the response of Whelan since the announcement. He says he would "move heaven and earth to let them play there if he could". He doesn't need to go this far, he just needs to organise staff as they do at other shared facilities.
To then see him on TV stating that he is the biggest rugby league fan in Wigan was the biggest slap in the face. I would like to ask him if Latics and the Warriors both had matches on the same day, kicking off at the same time, which match would he watch? I know the answer thousands of others would give.

I was queueing in the rain at half eight this morning for my ticket because Dave Whelan doesn't have enough money to stop me watching my team.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

ByeByeLatics wrote: Tell ya what then, Go and fill it, everyone involved thinks that the wigan fans are not arsed, (cause we'll take it and we'll go anywhere) wigan plc gets the revenue money from the gate receipts at Widnes, it gets swept under the carpet, and the next time it happens.... and it will if you go and support it... we'll be in the same boat again.

Use your brains folks. Dont go, dont support it, hit all involved with the £ sign cause that what makes Whelan tick and dont bow to behaving like Gypsies. Have some pride!

everyone is entitled to their opinion, thankfully yours was short as well as pointless, it is not about DW or IL it's about this great club and the true meaning of the word LOYAL, and the LOYAL supporters will be in Widnes on friday

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

does anyone have an idea how many tickets Bradford are getting?
The more compact ground could work to our advantage if they only get a couple of thousand fans in and we can pack the other stands solid, which we will. I'm dreading trying to get a ticket tomorrow.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

I think they have been given about 1200,

They never bring a lot over here anyway,

Thinking back to the playoff game last year at Odsal they hardly filled any of the side stands,

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

ByeByeLatics wrote:Tell ya what then, Go and fill it, everyone involved thinks that the wigan fans are not arsed, (cause we'll take it and we'll go anywhere) wigan plc gets the revenue money from the gate receipts at Widnes, it gets swept under the carpet, and the next time it happens.... and it will if you go and support it... we'll be in the same boat again.

There are many who would like us not to go and support the lads on Friday - for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the welfare of Wigan RL.

They'd be celebrating if we let this important match turn into a damp squib.

Supporting Wigan comes first. Hurting Welan comes second.

Latics fans need to realise that, though at present they appear to have support in high places, Wigan and Wigan fans will never, ever go away. If necessary, we'll be a millstone round their necks for as long as it takes for them to be relegated and become unimportant again.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nine wrote:
Cruncher wrote:Well I've got my tickets for the game, and I'm proud to announce that.

If anything, this crisis has revitalised my love for this club - much the way our relegation fight did.

There've been a few issues this year - poor results, player attitude etc, but all of that pales to insignificance compared to the cynical trick that Whelan has played on us.

As far as I'm concerned, the fans, the players, the coach and the board (who are true Wigan fans, and did not create this situation deliberately) have all been puked on together in this affair. In which case we should stick together defiantly, like we always have done in times of crisis - especially on Friday night, so that we can show the scheming, self-satisfied 'Stadium Holding Company' that Wigan RL isn't just about the bricks and mortar of a poxy, soulless stadium, it's about tradition, history, loyalty, emotion and above all, people (though I suspect that if he's got no understanding of this after something like 75 years, there's no chance he'll learn it now).

Get down there folks, and make the lads feel that they're at home in spirit if not in body.

There's no chance David Whelan's driving a wedge between me and my beloved Wigan RL.
Well said! That is in the true spirit of rugby league fans in general and most especially Wigan fans.
Here here, - got our tickets, printed some pictures off to stick over the jjb badge and away we go, here we go here we go here we go got the confetti the balloons etc

COME ON WIGAN, COME ON WIGAN

WE'RE THE GREATEST CLUB IN THE WORLD
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
binxterboy

Post by binxterboy »

what did wxxxxx say? if me and mo cant win a trophy we'll walk away and let someone else have a go. but what he did'nt say was that he'll try his best to make it hard for them. well we've got our tickets our masking tape, and also got 2 more new recruits to the away scene. Keep the red flag flying! oh! exile, make it 3 teams to support, anyone playing against Africa Pathetic
♫ тнз ѕσчτн ѕтαиδ мαѕѕіνз ♪