Fortress JJB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ByeByeLatics

Fortress JJB

Post by ByeByeLatics »

Dead simple this, Noble talks about building fortress JJB. The incompetent fool of a chairman forgot to buy the keys.

If you turn up on Friday, shame on you! you should give this the contempt that it deserves with your notable absence. Not a single fan should go. That should give the spineless muppet of a chairman that weve got something to think about. The most famous rugby league team in the world earns the right to play at home and cant! pathetic Mr Lenegan. You had your peice after the Huddersfield game, the players respond, and you dont have the keys to the fortress that Nobby wants to build. Marvellous work!

Whelan and the rest of his pub side mates can go and dream of winning a relegation battle so early in the season.

The sooner they are relegated the better!
platt-warrior

Re: Fortress JJB

Post by platt-warrior »

What an absolute load of garbage(a stains fan ma thinks) :angry:
gw

Post by gw »

I hope nobody listens to "byebyelatics", what a load of Sh*t, why should we not go and support the team and players, its not their fault is it!!

And it will make the club look even worse if the game is broadcast and there isn't any Wigan fans there.

The best way to to deal with this is to fill the ground and show Mr Whealen that rugby is the best supported team in this town even if we have to play miles away!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Well I've got my tickets for the game, and I'm proud to announce that.

If anything, this crisis has revitalised my love for this club - much the way our relegation fight did.

There've been a few issues this year - poor results, player attitude etc, but all of that pales to insignificance compared to the cynical trick that Whelan has played on us.

As far as I'm concerned, the fans, the players, the coach and the board (who are true Wigan fans, and did not create this situation deliberately) have all been puked on together in this affair. In which case we should stick together defiantly, like we always have done in times of crisis - especially on Friday night, so that we can show the scheming, self-satisfied 'Stadium Holding Company' that Wigan RL isn't just about the bricks and mortar of a poxy, soulless stadium, it's about tradition, history, loyalty, emotion and above all, people (though I suspect that if he's got no understanding of this after something like 75 years, there's no chance he'll learn it now).

Get down there folks, and make the lads feel that they're at home in spirit if not in body.

There's no chance David Whelan's driving a wedge between me and my beloved Wigan RL.
Nine

Post by Nine »

Cruncher wrote:Well I've got my tickets for the game, and I'm proud to announce that.

If anything, this crisis has revitalised my love for this club - much the way our relegation fight did.

There've been a few issues this year - poor results, player attitude etc, but all of that pales to insignificance compared to the cynical trick that Whelan has played on us.

As far as I'm concerned, the fans, the players, the coach and the board (who are true Wigan fans, and did not create this situation deliberately) have all been puked on together in this affair. In which case we should stick together defiantly, like we always have done in times of crisis - especially on Friday night, so that we can show the scheming, self-satisfied 'Stadium Holding Company' that Wigan RL isn't just about the bricks and mortar of a poxy, soulless stadium, it's about tradition, history, loyalty, emotion and above all, people (though I suspect that if he's got no understanding of this after something like 75 years, there's no chance he'll learn it now).

Get down there folks, and make the lads feel that they're at home in spirit if not in body.

There's no chance David Whelan's driving a wedge between me and my beloved Wigan RL.
Well said! That is in the true spirit of rugby league fans in general and most especially Wigan fans.

Squad number 18!
RJ

Post by RJ »

Nobody seems to be questioning Sky Sports part in this fiasco. As I understand it it was Skys schedule which prevented the game being played at the JJB on an alternate date. We are therefore prevented from having the earned home advantage by the great god money since ther RFL don't seem to have the balls to stick to the integrity of the competition in the face of Sky's schedule.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

RJ wrote:Nobody seems to be questioning Sky Sports part in this fiasco. As I understand it it was Skys schedule which prevented the game being played at the JJB on an alternate date. We are therefore prevented from having the earned home advantage by the great god money since ther RFL don't seem to have the balls to stick to the integrity of the competition in the face of Sky's schedule.
I've mentioned that on some of the other threads, but that's been a fact of life ever since SL started. They bought the game, and run it how they want.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

e interesting to see what they say on Bootsnaw tomorrow!!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Also it will hit Whellen in his pocket as he wont get his cut of the food/drink conssesions with us having to play at Widnes. As for not been able to remark the pitch that just show how thick the man really is. He probly can tell you how much it costs to remark the pitch mind you :lol: :lol:

After all money is all he understands & sky are no better far from promoting the game alonside the RL they are making it and Wigan a laughing stock.

Wonder if we would have had the same problem it Setanta was covering the game instead of Sky

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ByeByeLatics

Post by ByeByeLatics »

Tell ya what then, Go and fill it, everyone involved thinks that the wigan fans are not arsed, (cause we'll take it and we'll go anywhere) wigan plc gets the revenue money from the gate receipts at Widnes, it gets swept under the carpet, and the next time it happens.... and it will if you go and support it... we'll be in the same boat again.

Use your brains folks. Dont go, dont support it, hit all involved with the £ sign cause that what makes Whelan tick and dont bow to behaving like Gypsies. Have some pride!