Good Friday Derby Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Good Friday Derby Match

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just read in th'Observer that Warriors will not in future be able to play at JJB the day before a Wigan Nil home fixture.

It goes on to say that DW has written to the RFL asking them to ensure the Good Friday game is not down to be played at Wigan!

I would remind everyone that this is the man who claimed on TV 2 nights ago he is "Wigan Rugby League's Greatest Supporter"!!
pedro

Re: Good Friday Derby Match

Post by pedro »

Tell him to **** ***!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

If we as a club had any identity before all of this we sure as hell don't now,

This muppet is trying his best to take everything away from WRLFC,

We might as well start playing on laithwaite park.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Kittwazzer wrote:Just read in th'Observer that Warriors will not in future be able to play at JJB the day before a Wigan Nil home fixture.

It goes on to say that DW has written to the RFL asking them to ensure the Good Friday game is not down to be played at Wigan!

I would remind everyone that this is the man who claimed on TV 2 nights ago he is "Wigan Rugby League's Greatest Supporter"!!
I've just read the same. I find it hard to believe that that will actually happen. There's no sense in leaving the JJB when all that's required is some planning and forsight required from both clubs...... but if this sort of behaviour goes on I can't see any real alternative but to genuinely look at us getting our own ground in the long term.

I've no axe to grind with the Latics and I can even accept that RL will always play second fiddle to the cash behemoth of football. But when you consider we bankrolled that ground with our sale and then with our attendence while the lactics languished in the lower leagues, this is very poor form.

I for one won't be spending a single penny in the JJB again.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Looks to me there has been a fall out with DW and IL if this correct .DW knew what the fixture between Wigan and Saints meant to both towns the fixture was a traditional one and has been going on for years both playing at home on alternate years was a big money earner for both clubs.Looks to me there is a hidden agenda here i think DW wants the rugby to fail and no longer be viable after all he is making life difficult for us at the moment DW has divided the town down the middle us and them with them on top for the minute but time will tell.Even tenants have rights and if they think they are being harrassed can go to court.
Hidden agenda Warriors fail DW buys back Warriors for a song like he did when we left Central Park.Time for the fans to rally round and not let this happen.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

if latics are playing on easter saturday ,he now as enough notice to arrrange 2 matches in 2 days ,he knows we are at home next good friday so he cant use that excuse again ,time for whelan to feal the real force of wigan ,i dont know how he gets away with walking round town ,or does he just fly right in to the stadium in his chopper
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He has created more animosity and antagonism between fans in one single day than has been going for the 30 or so years pathetics have been formed. He is dividing the town by his stupid stupid actions and remarks. Like I have said before never wished ill on anyone but hope to God they bloody well lose every match for the rest of the season and end up relegated.

Even just had a pop at the pools collector for having a bloody pathetics jacket on and he said he's been getting it all morning from rugby fans :wink:

Also he is prepared to sacrifice a probable 25000 sell out on Good Friday, the oldest and most famous derby fixture in rugby, for a pathetics measly turnout on Easter Saturday? the pi**ock is beyond belief. He has over 6 months to organise groundstaff or rearrange the pathetics game, lets see what happens.

WHELAN OUT
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nine

Post by Nine »

I realise the club is pretty busy right now so I thought I'd help out by drafting them the letter:

Dear Mr Whelan

This is to inform you formally that we, Wigan RLFC, will be playing St Helens at home on Good Friday, 10th April 2009.

As this gives you seven months' notice, no doubt you will be able to rearrange your soccer team's fixture the folowing day should you so desire.

All the best in the Championship next year.

Yours sincerely

Wigan RLFC. The best club in the world.
Squad number 18!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nine wrote:I realise the club uis oretty busy right now so I thought I'd help out by drafting them the letter:

Dear Mr Whelan

This is to inform you formally that we, Wigan RLFC, will be playing St Helens at home on Good Friday, 10th April 2009.

As this gives you seven months' notice, no doubt you will be able to rearrange your soccer team's fixture the folowing day should you so desire.

Yours sincerely

The Greatest
Well done Barbara get it sent, but do you think Mr Lenegan will have the bottle to stand up to whelan about this, the oldest most famous derby game in rugby going to be moved! for some tin pot bloody no fans footy game? we will have to wait and see but it already doesn't look promising as he has already stated in the Observer. There needs to be some pressure from say the local MP's, the Sports Minister etc for anything to happen. Isn't our Euro MP a Warriors supporter? maybe we can go the the European Courts and get it overruled you never know but I don't think it will end here.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:
Nine wrote:I realise the club uis oretty busy right now so I thought I'd help out by drafting them the letter:

Dear Mr Whelan

Yours sincerely

The Greatest
Well done Barbara get it sent, but do you think Mr Lenegan will have the bottle to stand up to whelan about this, the oldest most famous derby game in rugby going to be moved! for some tin pot bloody no fans footy game? we will have to wait and see but it already doesn't look promising as he has already stated in the Observer. There needs to be some pressure from say the local MP's, the Sports Minister etc for anything to happen. Isn't our Euro MP a Warriors supporter? maybe we can go the the European Courts and get it overruled you never know but I don't think it will end here.
Read somewhere that the euro mp is a warriors fan and had written to somebody or raised it somewhere so hopefully he can bring pressure to bear somewhere