Re: Where will Wigan finish in 2oo9? (regular season)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

I think we`ll do well this season , Leeds will be top , Saints I don`t think will be as strong as last year , neither will Bradford .
Warrington seem to be the usual promise alot do nothing .
I think Hull Fc will be strong and be pushing Bradford for 4th and 5th place .
But I can see us pushing Saints for 2nd and 3rd places .
I can see Riddell being our play maker and gelling with Smith in the middle of the park .
I can also see these two being our field kickers .
And no I`ve not touched the wine yet .
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I'm predicting 2009 will see the demise of Sky's beloved Stains.
They have lost a lot of younger players and are very thin if any of their "star" players pick up injuries.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Lets face it if KFC and Long were released they would be lucky to get more than a one year contract. Wellens showed how dire he now was in the WC. His position is mainly given by Sky twins bumping him up every time he catches the ball. I think we will be hunting Leeds for the top slot. Cats and Wolves will be hunting and there will be a logjam 5-8. I for one have ticked the top box and not through loyalty. I believe they can do it,
Jim
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

FROM A TO B wrote:I'm predicting 2009 will see the demise of Sky's beloved Stains.
They have lost a lot of younger players and are very thin if any of their "star" players pick up injuries.
I concur on this, why most expect st helens to remain challengers for 1st/2nd spot is fathomless, it appears mostly based upon the credibility of their new coach, for whom success will be expected almost immediately (ala paul ince), failure or poor performances wouldn't be accepted and possible disruption (in changing defense structures/tactically etc) could cause severe problems for a side short of alot of experience. Injuries to their squad will count. Very little experience in reserve, and few remaining ""old heads" to calm nerves/steady ship etc, when things start to go wrong.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

4th is probable for me

I think if we look at last season and we didnt play well or with consistancy when we did, i dont think anyone would have had us finishing as high as we did and nearly reaching the final.

I hoping Wigan will surprise us this season, but only time will tell
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

Voted for 3rd because, third place or higher would be an improvement on last season and we've been improving every season for the past three seasons, whilst I believe it is a realistic aim.

As a club we should be aiming for top of the league and I'm sure all of us would love nothing more.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It depends on what our squad looks like come the start of the season. A couple of good signings will have a tremendous bearing on our final league position. With Bird and Roberts - top 3, without them 4th - 6th!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

If the last few seasons are anything to go by, we'll be inconsistent and we'll finish between 3rd and 8th depending more on how good other teams are, than how good we are ourselves.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Being optimistic,3rd. Unfortunately, Mick Potter can coach better than Anderson, so i think stains will still be a force to be reckoned with. Leeds will continue as before, cats may struggle as, I believe. will wire, Bratfrt will do okay again and 1 side from Hull are bound to do something, probably FC. huddersfield may be a surprise, I think the crusaders will show that they have no place in SL and be the whipping boys that Leigh were a few seasons back.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ian b

Post by ian b »

finish top!!! be positive!!