Saints without Scully

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Saints without Scully

Post by Matthew »

Do anybody else think that without Sculthorpe firing, saints really struggle?

Long and Martin only have flashes of brilliance (and in Martin's case, usually with a large amount of gamemanship) and can be rattled if they are hit hard early
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
AJ

2 of them

Post by AJ »

sculthorpe and cunningham are there absolutely 100% world XIII players, total class, wish they were both at wigan, those r the players to stop!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Mike
Site Admin

long

Post by Mike »

I do rate Long as well. IMO he's a player that we should never have let leave the club. THe other two were never at Wigan, so its not too bad to see them at Saints. I wish we had had the forsight to keep our youngsters back in the days when Long was just promising.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Matthew

Fair Point

Post by Matthew »

Fair Point, Long left because Edwards was the scrum half at Wigan (and he deserved to be) - so did Bobby Goulding for that matter. I agree that when Edwards left we could have done with Long, he is better than Smith, Clinch etc - however I would definately take Adrian Lam over him everytime - If he doesn't win man of steel this year then it is a fix!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Mike
Site Admin

long term

Post by Mike »

Yeah but Lammy has never be a long term option for the club. Long has given Saints a perminant and high class scrum half, whereas we have been through many short-term solutions, many of which have never properly gelled in the side. Willie Peters could have been as good as Lam is now, but we weren't able to keep him because of his Aussie connections. The same will be true of Lam. Look how long he thought about siging a new contract. We really need a quality British half back combination, otherwise, all the other youngsters coming through just won't get the service.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐