A LONG LOST FRIEND!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

A LONG LOST FRIEND!

Post by Welski »

I was sitting here bored as usual looking forward to Friday's game and wondering where I could get the latest gossip. In fit of desperation I clicked on an old link that used to take me to THE BEST WIGAN RL MESSAGEBOARD on the web. Imagine my surprise when instead of being redirected as usual the mighty Cherry and White hoops appeared!!!!
As a former contributor to the old site it's great to see that it has been resurrected. (remember Welski "The Tractor Boy"?)
How long has the new look site been up and running ? It's good to see a few names I recognise Mike, Linzi (how is Simon getting on?), AJ and Nitsua...have all the old faces found out about the rebirth yet or like me are people still finding their way back?
Anyway good stuff Mike hats off for all the hard work.(Again!)
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Mike
Site Admin

cheers

Post by Mike »

I've not got round to officially launching the site yet. When I set it up, it was a preview of what was to come, but I've been adding everything I do straight away so its not too bad now.

I could send out an email to anyone that posted on the old board. Would this be a good thing to do. I'm always wary of sending un-solicited emails.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Welski

Round em up!

Post by Welski »

I agree unsolicited mails are a pain generally...but you would be emailing all the people that felt strongly enough about the subject matter to spend time posting on your old site. You've put a lot of effort in and I'm sure they would be pleased to hear your site is back...I for one would have wanted to be told!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
GeoffN

welcome back

Post by GeoffN »

In this case, I was glad to get the *unsolicited e-mail*. Thanks Mike & welcome back!
Fraggle

Welcome back

Post by Fraggle »

I'll echo the sentiments previously stated, and say I wasn't at all upset to receive the "unsolicited e-mail". Thankfully the postmaster email service I use is almost totally spam-free so finding the useful stuff amongst the rubbish isn't a problem for me!

Anyway, I look forward to posting again as soon as the depression from last night fades (probably after Bradford stuff the Saints next Saturday...!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]