Re: St Helens vs. Wigan: Preview

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: St Helens vs. Wigan: Preview

Post by Mike »

Got my tickets, can't wait to stuff the Saints for a 4th time in a row....
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: St Helens 24, Wigan 8

Post by Mike »

Bad luck lads. The conditions and the ref didn't help, but it just wasn't happening tonight. Great effort though, see you next year...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Matthew

Nevermind

Post by Matthew »

I think a few early errors meant that we made it hard for ourselves, we dropped the ball far too many times. A few decisions didn't go our way - Russel Smith didn't have one of his better game (10 metres = 6 metres etc), but saints played better on the night.

I watched the match on sky and the commentary was rubbish - eddie compared long to fittler!?!? er, 'scuse me, but if you are going to compare Fittler (who is a loose forward who can play at stand off) to a saints player (which in it's self is an insult to Fittler) then perhaps not the scrum half? It's about time saints, sorry sky got rid of these muppets

It was nice to see that sean long still has a glass jaw though!

Hopefully Bradford will beat saints next week.

Still, with all the injuries we've had and the fact that several of our senior players are now getting on a bit - we still won the challenge (and to be honest I'd rather win that than the super league)

Bring on next year (cause the Kiwis are going to beat us like we stole something)

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
magsrads

Common 'taters

Post by magsrads »

Well Stevo is a bit of a Mr Potato Head!!

I nearly choked on me beer when I heard the slongy/Brad Fittler comparison (hope Mr F sues for deformation of character!!)

And Old Trog Cunningham the 'best hooker in the world'! (my mate wonder if it was because his prices were cheapest!!!) - I think there might be one or two Antipodean gentlemen who might have summat to say about that!!

Last nights commentary was awful - they love it when they can stick the knife in Wigan.
But next week will be a problem with Mr H's (alleged) forth coming nuptials with Scully (as read on this board!! ;) ) and Mr S's downright embarrassing obsession with Jimmy Lowes!!! Will there be handbags at 40 paces in the commentary box??????

Wonder who the ref will be and which tape measure he will bring??

I'm still proud of our boys :0D