The future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

The future

Post by Mike »

The future looks bright to me. Over this season I've seen many promising youngsters. Stephen Wild stood out early, since then O'Loughlin and Tickle have impressed. Ricky Bibey could develop into a sound prop and Danny Sculthorpe has shown that offloading is possible in almost every tackle! Luke Robinson looks a cheeky scrum half - shame he didn't get a try on his debut.

The whole crop of youngsters look pretty solid when they've been called up. And the best thing - except for Tickle they are all local to the Wigan area. No more Aussie's for the Warriors if you ask me (although Adrian Lam can have honourery Wiganer status).

The future is bright... What do you reckon???
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dorset Warrior

the future

Post by Dorset Warrior »

I agree. Last night was dissapointing but we have such a good crop of youngsters coming through that we can only get better next year.

The future's bright. The future's Cherry and white.
The future's bright. The future's Cherry and White.
scrumdown

THE FUTURE

Post by scrumdown »

I agree that the younger players have stood up this season and a number of them seem real quality.

But we need to get more grunt and go forward from the forwards, we do not dominate teams up frontin the big games we seem to be dominated.
steve

Tickle

Post by steve »

I might be wrong but Danny tickle is playing for his home town team. Hes from wigan
chorley warrior

Tickle local lad?

Post by chorley warrior »

I thought Tickle was a local lad, and the reason he ended up in so much hot water at 'fax was for missing training as he had no car and had to rely on lifts from team mates. Could be mistaken but I believe his family are from Wigan, not sure where he lives now though, and I'd heard that Wigan have sorted him a car!!
magsrads

The Leigh Connection

Post by magsrads »

Isn't Danny from Leigh? I read an interview with him in RLW Mag - can't find it now - and I'm almost sure he's from Leigh - and that his 'fax probs were due to the fact he had to get lifts or taxi's over to training - and yes Wigan have sorted him out with a car!!
Mike
Site Admin

my mistake

Post by Mike »

Even better then. I'll update his profile.

BTW, does anyone want to help with the profiles and injuries etc.? Just send me an email and I'll make you a contributor or a moderator for the player information parts of the site.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jilly43

Tickle

Post by Jilly43 »

I am pretty sure Danny Tickle is from Lowton.
I know I have seen him play at Parkside Golborne.
Julie Thompson

Danny Tickle

Post by Julie Thompson »

He's from Golborne. Golborne born and bred.