new kit again next year.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chorley warrior

new kit again next year.....

Post by chorley warrior »

I'll start with a thanks to Mike for his unsolicited email it was most welcome!
Now for my gripe...rumour has it that Adidas have been dumped for next year in favour of Patrick. Athletic have their new kit (Patrick) and I'm told by reliable people that Dave W/JJB own Patrick. I'm sure people must be as naffed off as me, we have to pay out for two new kits again.What's especially annoying is that I've only had my away blue shirt since April just before the challenge cup final trip.

Enough of that, anyone know the team for next year? I've heard we haven't signed anybody new to keep us under the cap, but who's the starting 13 going to be?
Chunky

New Kit

Post by Chunky »

What is the ponit of a new kit anyway, when you can only buy it in Wigan. There are many Wigan fans all over the country.No JJB shops outside Wigan sell them, and refuse to order them. Not all fans can make it to the JJB, but it would give them the chance to wear the shirt and inject a bit more cash into Wigan, and also promote the Super League as well. Wigan should take a long look at ways to bring more fans to the JJB, thats how clubs make their money and keep their stars and not let them go.
chorley warrior

lack of merchandise

Post by chorley warrior »

Chunky, I agree that it's bad that you can't get a shirt outside of Wigan, someone in marketing/merchandising needs to get their act together. Neither the JJB or adidas web sites allowed you to purchase Wigan kits online, but I did manage to get a kit sent to a non Wigan JJB store, keep pestering!. The so called "official" merchandise shop at the soccer dome is pathetic as well. There has got to be an untapped fortune to be made selling replica kits, training gear, badges, flags etc on line. Come on warriors we've waited long enough for this to happen...the official web pages says the online shop is "under construction", but this has been the case for 12 months plus.
NWalesPie

JJb stores

Post by NWalesPie »

I live in Rhyl and they always have our shirts in LLandudno store but not in Rhyl - Work that one out.
Pie_Eater14

Murrayfield !

Post by Pie_Eater14 »

There were a few shirts in the jjb up there on that weekend i dont no if that was just a one of or if it was a permanant thing but if mr. whelan can ship them up there why cant he get them to other shops around the country. there's gonna be no more this season anyway because adidas have stopped making them along with everthing else.
By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen
Welski

HEAR HEAR !

Post by Welski »

OH NO you've got me started now!!!!!!!!!!
Being an Essex boy I was ALWAYS banging on about the lack of places to buy shirts from (NON existent down here).
In the good old days I used to call 'Tracey' (I think her name was) at the Central Park store and within a couple of days the Postie appeared with the goods.
When the shop went along with the hallowed turf I thought at least now JJB was involved us southerners wouldn't have a problem.

HOW WRONG I WAS !

I spent all year trying to get one of those dapper black away shirts with no luck(even if we did always seem to lose in em!).

What amazed me most though was on one of my all to rare trips up (to witness the recent loss to Leeds - I'm almost as bad an omen as the black shirts) I tried at least 4 different JJB stores in Manchester only to be told they didn't sell em either !!! WHAT IS GOING ON..TOP LOCAL RL TEAM-MAJOR SPONSOR JJB retailer of sportswear and it DOESN'T SELL THE SHIRTS! To make matters worse I got stuck in the traffic leaving the ground and by the time I went past the Soccer Dome it was shut! (PLEASE tell me they sell em in there!!!)
Anyway all I really wanted to say was I agree with 'Chorley Warrior'... there is untold riches to be had by anyone who sets up an online store! As for the 'official' ONLINE SHOP ...I've suddenly lost the will to live...
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Mike
Site Admin

Hmmm.. I smell a marketing opportunity

Post by Mike »

but I'm sure there's laws against selling kits on to thridparties...

Unfortunately, this site is on a Uni webserver and e-commerce is serverely frowned upon so that
limits my abillity to sell shirts etc...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Just One Big Publicity Stunt

On-Line Wigan Tops

Post by Just One Big Publicity Stunt »

I'm pretty sure that a shop in Wigan - Down Under Leisure sell them online, deffo by mail order. Check out RL World magazine for their web address.

Hope this helps for next seasons shirts,
Welski

wigan tops

Post by Welski »

Cheers J.O.B.P.S!

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League