Jones out?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Jones out?

Post by Mike »

Just read that Stuart Jones is leaving Wigan after the didn't offer thim a 2 year contract. He was catpain of the U19s this year and made a few first team appearances. He's just the sort of player that we need to keep.

It seems silly to me, if Wigan give him a 2 year contract and he has a great year, they will have him cheap in the 2nd year. A one year contract means they would have to renegotiate an (increased) deal later if he is a success.

THe worst thing is that he'll probably go to Saints and end up like Long...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Pie_Eater14

Briscoe!

Post by Pie_Eater14 »

On the rlfans site it said something like 'Jones and Briscoe to go to saints' didnt hav time to read it but i hope it isnt true. Shaun
By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen
Fraggle

Briscoe

Post by Fraggle »

I can't see the club letting Sean Briscoe go, for the first time in years we've got a good back-up for Rads at full-back and this season has shown how important that is, especially with Connolly having retired. Wes Davies wasn't upto the job, and there isn't really anyone else I've seen this year who could do the job.

We haven't seen much of Jones in the latter part of the year, perhaps there's something we don't know? Perhaps he didn't get on with the 1st team coaches. I think the arrival of Danny Tickle ended any long-term chances for Stuart in the first team.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

jones gone

Post by Mike »

The club have confirmed that Jones has left the club today. I agree that losing Briscoe would be worse, but Jones has been captain of the Academy for the last two years. He may be the sort of consistent player who copes with responsibility well. I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us again. After all, with no Furner next year, and Mick Cassidy getting older, it only take a couple of injuries to be down to one backup for the second row. I hope the club has made the correct descision about this player.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐