refs mistake

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Guy Benest

refs mistake

Post by Guy Benest »

according to Sky news, Cummins had said that Kershaw made a mistake in disallowing the Bulls try.
Although it's now too late, how many other sports would own up to this sort of mistake.
I think Saints should give the trophy to Bradford as they know that they they should not have won. Mind you, there's more chance of knitting fog than the scousers admitting they are in the wrong!
which one's chunky?
Matthew

It's true

Post by Matthew »

The link is:
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 64,00.html

So Kershaw finds in favour of saints? Unusual

In the light of Cummings (how anyone can describe him as a "top referee" after the amount of absolute howlers he made is a mystery) statement that the try should have stood, will Bradford sue?

Negligence has occured and it will cost the Bulls a considerable amount of money (Word Club Challenge etc) - the whole point of the video ref is to reduce the number of bad decisions not increase them (remember the one between Cas and Wigan in the play offs, where the player was held and then carried on and scored?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Neirin

Fairs fair!

Post by Neirin »

You cannot reverse a video refs decision anymore than you can the opinion of the ref on the field after the decision has been taken.

Using your logic where would it end...Cummings acknowledged that it was wrong to disallow Cunningham,s try at Murrayfield...so come on Piemen hand it over!!

Get over it!!... Wigan are not the team they were and have not got a divine right to win these days -unlike when you were the only (bar Leeds) professional side.
Matthew

Good old Neirin!

Post by Matthew »

Please don't stop posting Neirin! Even if some of the other Warriors fans don't like, I think that you bring great comedy value to the site!

Exactly when did anyone say that cunningham's (note the apostrophe "'") should have stood?

The chief exec of the ref's board (who granted was never that good a referee himself) has stated that deacon's try should have stood, note DEACON.

By your post I take it that you agree the try should have stood and that Bradford should have won...

Honesty from a saints fan, whatever next!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Neirin

Delighted

Post by Neirin »

Thanks Matthew...delighted to brighten up your day!! I'll continue to try and do so...