Re: Wigan add youngsters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Wigan add youngsters

Post by Mike »

Who is this Gareth Hoch? I can't find any mention of him playing for either Academy side. Does any oe know which side he played for this year?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bilko

re: Gareth Hock

Post by Bilko »

Hock played in the Under 19s during the early part of the season but he suffered a serious injury in a 94-6 thrashing of Hull KR (I think that was the game) which ruled him out for the rest of the season.

Just before the injury he was promoted to training with the first team squad (in May) and no doubt would have played in the first team during the injury crisis if he hadn't of got injured, so there is obvious potential there.

I think he is a hooker normally but I'm not really sure.
Mike
Site Admin

thanks

Post by Mike »

thanks for the info. It says in the article that he is a back row forward. He's not mentioned on the offical site in either academy listing so that's why I haven't seen him.

BTW, where do you get your news info from Bilko? Its always so fast...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
scrumdown

GARETH HOCH

Post by scrumdown »

GARETH IS A BACK ROW FORWARD, ABOUT 6.2 GOOD HANDS AND FAST VERY, SIMILAR TO SEAN O'LOUGHLIN.
HE PLAYED SECOND ROW WITH SEAN PLAYING AT LOOSE FORWARD FOR THE GB ACADAMY SIDE THAT PLAYED IN AUSTRAILIA LAST YEAR .
HE WILL NEED TO DO A LOT OF WORK IN THE CLOSE SEASON AS HE IS NOT BEEFED UP ENOUGH TO PLAY FIRST TEAM RUGBY YET.

Bilko

re:

Post by Bilko »

The club send some stuff out (team news etc) to me via a mailing list Mike. Just ask and they should add you on. Who to ask is the question though. It would have been Lee Addison but he's obviously not there anymore.

You could try his email address because they are still using that to send info out. It's l.addison@jjbstadium.co.uk