Keith Mills

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Keith Mills

Post by josie andrews »

I am very sorry to break the news that Keith Mills passed away this morning from a blood clot.

One of the nicest men you could wish to meet.

My sincere condolences to his wife Ann & family.

RIP Keith.

[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36 ... ls2011.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Keith Mills

Post by josie andrews »

Forgot to say that Keith played for Wigan Athletic as well as Wigan Rugby.

For others who didn't know him, he ran the Wigan Warriors Lotto Office.
Keith Mills, who works in the Warriors' lottery shop and is of the rare breed that supports both teams. He remains the only man to play both for Wigan's football and rugby teams, courtesy of three appearances as reserve goalkeeper for the Latics in 1963 and 30 first-team rugby league games between 1965 and 1970.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:I am very sorry to break the news that Keith Mills passed away this morning from a blood clot.

One of the nicest men you could wish to meet.

My sincere condolences to his wife & family.

RIP Keith.
I met Keith a few times in the Central Park era, and spoke to him on the 'phone from Whitehaven and latterly, here in Germany.
A real nice bloke who was absolutely dedicated to Wigan.
My sincere condolences to his wife and family.
RIP.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

His name has been synonymous with Wigan RLFC all the years I have been following them - and then some. I may be mistaken, but I think he might have turned out alongside Peter Smethurst during the players strike. A true servant of the club. RIP
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

RIP Keith
Deepest condolences to his family.
jobo

Post by jobo »

RIP Keith.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Really sorry to hear this.

I remember saying to him once i thought of him as MR Wigan RL.

A true servant to the club.

Now if anyone deserves a flag on the south stand its him, and i would gladly donate to it.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

im shocked of this news. i always remember him coming on pitch passing kicking sand to likes of frano botica and faz at central park.
IN WANE WE TRUST
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

With Regret

It is with regret that this morning Wigan Warriors have learned of the death of long serving staff member Keith Mills.

Keith worked for the Club's Development Association in the Lotto Office but before that he held a number of roles for the Club in over 40 years of service. Keith was a former player between 1967 and 1969 where he made 34 first team appearances and after retiring he worked as Club Physio and helped out for many years on match days. More recently Keith sat on the committee of the Past Players Association.

In 2011 he was awarded the Clubman Award in recognition of his outstanding service at the Club's Annual Awards Ceremony.

Chairman Ian Lenagan said,

"We are all shocked by this very sad news, Keith was Wigan through and through and will be sadly missed by everyone. We would like to pass on our deepest sympathies and condolences to his family and all his friends at this very difficult time."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 032&type=1
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

First Try Tickle wrote:Really sorry to hear this.

I remember saying to him once i thought of him as MR Wigan RL.

A true servant to the club.

Now if anyone deserves a flag on the south stand its him, and i would gladly donate to it.
Likewise!