Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woodentop07

Fielden

Post by Woodentop07 »

His knee problem has flared up again, may not play this year.
Sad to say but his Wigan career could be over!
Really like the guy and he certainly needs some luck!
Wigan til i die!!
josie andrews

Re: Fielden

Post by josie andrews »

Was told on Saturday that he was limping during & after training in the week.

He won't be given a new contract when is current one runs out at the end of this season IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

He was of the view that the injuries he's had would extend his playing career another 2 years, because although he's been crocked they've saved his body from 2 years of the hardest impacts.

I agree with you Josie. He's done at Wigan now and will be looking for a club to take a punt on him with a 2 year deal. Personally I think he should hang up his boots and call it quits on his own terms rather than hobble and fade out.

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Real shame that. Gutted for him, seems like over a decade of playing prop and mostly for 80 mins per game has taken it's toll. pre 30 he was virtually injury free, post 30 he's played 1 game in 2 years.

Probably get a contract with widnes next year
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hope he retires rather than struggle on at a lower level.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Sad news, also great bloke to talk too. I wish him luck for the future but i too cant see him in Cherry & White again.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

All it needs now is for someone to say what a great servant he's been to our beloved club and then I will vomit!
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

Kittwazzer wrote:All it needs now is for someone to say what a great servant he's been to our beloved club and then I will vomit!
hes done his best you cant ask for more than that ,i wouldnt be surprised if ends up at bradford in some role not necessarily playing
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:All it needs now is for someone to say what a great servant he's been to our beloved club and then I will vomit!
What a great servant he's been to our beloved club!
Majorca, where the wine flows like sick-John Cooper Clark, punk poet of distinction. :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think he's got more out of the club than we got out of him, in terms of salary and performance/games. He always seemed to try, even though he never hit the heights of his Bradford days. Good luck to him. He didn't steal a living, but nor will he ever find his way on any list of top Wigan players.