Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Fielden

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

People remember Stuart for his tackle busts and carrying 3-4 players with him for 10 metres in the go forward phrase, but their was no better prop defensively in the SL era for me!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan Warriors No 1 fan wrote:Fielden is coming back in 3 weeks, Just saying.
Irrelevant of what anyone on here thinks of Fielden and his injuries/wages etc. he is a class prop and if fit I woud have him in my team over any of our current props and Morley, Hill, Carvell and Wood, would not have had the field day they had on Saturday if a FULLY FIT Fielden was on the pitch, just saying!!
Same could be said if we'd had a fully fit Barton, Gee or McTigue on the pitch. We didn't!
TrueBlueWarrior

Yes Kitt true but Fielden is currently in our squad and not far from a return apparently, not from a whole different era!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan Warriors No 1 fan wrote:Fielden is coming back in 3 weeks, Just saying.
Irrelevant of what anyone on here thinks of Fielden and his injuries/wages etc. he is a class prop and if fit I woud have him in my team over any of our current props and Morley, Hill, Carvell and Wood, would not have had the field day they had on Saturday if a FULLY FIT Fielden was on the pitch, just saying!!
:lol: He was a top prop during his time at Bradford but was that was only due to the other big props around him, i wonder if he would have been as awesome if he hadn't been playing with Anderson, Vagana and Peacock?, during his time at Wigan he has been mediocre, he was good that first half season and helped us beat relegation which was awesome and he deserves credit for that, also during Madges first season, but how can you claim he is better than other props who are still PLAYING the game and who haven't MISSED 2 YEARS, i think some people live in cloud cuckoo land at times
TrueBlueWarrior

Medlocke, why do I live in cloud cuckoo land? Look at Stuart Fieldens trophy cabinet, good players play in good teams. With maybe the exception of Lima, if you asked any of our current props about Fielden, they would all say if they end up playing to half the level and winning half the trophies Fielden has, they would be very happy. I am not saying he is still as good as he was, if you read the post properly I was clearly stating a Fully Fit Fielden would have made a difference on Saturday just like Tommy or Pat would have, but they weren't there so that is life!! The bottom line is none of our current props will ever be as good as Fielden was in his prime but you can say that about many players in many positions!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Medlocke, why do I live in cloud cuckoo land? Look at Stuart Fieldens trophy cabinet, good players play in good teams. With maybe the exception of Lima, if you asked any of our current props about Fielden, they would all say if they end up playing to half the level and winning half the trophies Fielden has, they would be very happy. I am not saying he is still as good as he was, if you read the post properly I was clearly stating a Fully Fit Fielden would have made a difference on Saturday just like Tommy or Pat would have, but they weren't there so that is life!! The bottom line is none of our current props will ever be as good as Fielden was in his prime but you can say that about many players in many positions!
Read your post wrong TBW, see where your coming from now :blush:
TrueBlueWarrior

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Medlocke, why do I live in cloud cuckoo land? Look at Stuart Fieldens trophy cabinet, good players play in good teams. With maybe the exception of Lima, if you asked any of our current props about Fielden, they would all say if they end up playing to half the level and winning half the trophies Fielden has, they would be very happy. I am not saying he is still as good as he was, if you read the post properly I was clearly stating a Fully Fit Fielden would have made a difference on Saturday just like Tommy or Pat would have, but they weren't there so that is life!! The bottom line is none of our current props will ever be as good as Fielden was in his prime but you can say that about many players in many positions!
Read your post wrong TBW, see where your coming from now :blush:
No worries Meds, I am easy going and don't hold grudges haha!
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

Playing for under 20's v Salford on Thursday. The big man is finally back!
Wigan til i die!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Woodentop07 wrote:Playing for under 20's v Salford on Thursday. The big man is finally back!
Great news, just hope he is Take That (Back For Good)!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-4836811

Confirmed - dont know what the reason is for the picture of sam tomkins and paul sculthorpe neither of whom are mentioned in the article
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure